Idaho Legal Muzzloader

JDElec

I have found myself in quite a predicament. The good news is I’ve drawn a pretty good late muzzy deer tag, in the second draw no less. The problem is I’ve been striking out getting an Idaho muzzloader setup. Now I’m starting to get desperate. My original plan was to use an old knight I haven’t shot for 20+ years but in moving a couple times and just time passing apparently I’ve lost the original breach plug. So it has been 209 converted and I can’t find a #11 or musket cap version of the breach plug online. My second thought is I was going to borrow one from a friend but that gun also isn’t legal, so now I’m scrambling to find something. If anybody out there has an extra one or knows of one I would be happy to buy it. I’m not specifically looking for a “good” deal I would however like to not be raked over the coals. Bonus if it’s proven and has a load already worked up. Please let me know my hunt starts Nov 1. I’ll be in Idaho a couple times before my hunt on other hunts mostly in the south east part of the state. I’ll probably post up in the muzzy section as well
Thanks in advance

I have a musket cap and breach plug for a knight 54 cal if you want to borrow it and send it back when your done

My knight is an older 50 cal Wolverine I’m not sure what the compatibility is between them but I would 100% take you up if it would work

Pretty sure last time I was in sportsman’s there was a bunch of muzzle loaders in the rack. Sounds like a pretty good excuse to go buy one

Send me a PM and let's chat. What unit, when you'll be around. Be glad to lend you what you need.

I think these are for musket caps, I didn’t have any to check these against but they aren’t disc or#11

image.jpg

Cooper, let me know I appreciate it.

JPickett, I’m with you great excuse so far the few places I’ve been haven’t had western legal muzzys in stock but I’m not in Idaho. Plan B was to head to a couple sporting good stores in Idaho

Blank. Conversation started I’m assuming that’s the new fangled version of a pm

Send me a pm. I’ll send them to you and if one works, keep it and just send me the other back.

Copper I must have been typing as you posted. I think the one on the left uses 209’s in the little plastic holders but I think on the right looks like it’s for musket caps. Someone a lot smarter than me would need to verify.

Breach plug on the right sure looks like a musket cap set up. Guess I didn’t think about you not being able to shop Idaho real easy. Maybe swing into one on a scouting trip though.

Looks like coopers got ya handled though

Pretty sure last time I was in sportsman’s there was a bunch of muzzle loaders in the rack. Sounds like a pretty good excuse to go buy one
I was looking last winter for a MZ in Idaho Falls for this coming season (that’s how it’s done, wink, wink) and the Sportsman’s had a dozen different types to choose from. When I asked about “western states legal” they didn’t have one. They sell a bunch of sabot projectiles as well. Legal in any or short weapon, not muzzleloader only. I ended up finding what I was looking for at Ross’s

BFF0AE62-78A2-4BBA-9078-79432A9FDB5A.jpeg
AEB4FB75-6263-4514-AA64-CF895FF1A4E7.jpeg
Well my season ended up being a lot tougher than I had expected. I hunted 9 days and I was solo 7.5 of them. Then weather was beautiful for camping but I could have used more snow and cold for hunting. In the end the rut activity was pretty good among smaller to mid sized bucks, I just couldn’t find any giants. The consensus among the handful of people I ran into was the unit had a major winter kill a few years back and just hasn’t recovered. In the end I shot one of the better bucks I found, not a giant but he had a real good look and got me interested.

I really appreciate all the help especially Cooper. He really stepped up and had a breech plug that made my older muzzy legal
I’m not sure if the images showed up right but I tried.
9045F4B5-A973-4C53-B939-08F12B4D00A1.jpeg

B96670DE-8FB7-4AAB-8469-F72EED7CA646.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom