Idaho NR tag system

I’d love to see those posts, if not your as full of crap as pickett
Coopers a real good cyber stalker. He’ll show you how to do this. Searching old posts and cutting and pasting them on other post that they have nothing to do with. No, it’s not creepy at all...

Yea like I said only liars
Should I be worried about this guy MM’rs? He’s starting g to get a bit obsessed. I’ve offers you an autograph to hold you over bud. I’ve got some merino boxers I’ve worn hunting. I assume you’d want them in washed right?

You were criticizing someone for using a drone, I asked you if you had been given one since you had stated you were always given free stuff while you were “out filling”tags, implying that you were something special,you couldn’t remember saying that (common in liars) so I reminded you,most members on this sight aren’t really interested in your men in boxers fetish,just hunting, hope that clears things up

Nope. Said I didn’t remember you. Go back and read jack azz it helps if you go slow. And what would drones have to do with anything I’ve ever said. Again, your looking pretty obsessed. May be time to let the key board cool down

Mallards,

Quote from Curtis Hendricks, the Upper Snake Regional Wildlife Manager In January 2020. The buck numbers are seriously low in several DAU’s. In the Caribou area (units 66 and 69), the count totals were 13 bucks per 100 does, and in the Island Park DAU there was only 18 per 100 adult females.

“Fawn recruitment is the name of the game and we had hard winter conditions in 2016-17 winter and again in 2018-19,” said Hendricks. “This made us short on three and one-year-old bucks in this composition count.”

Please present ”your” facts.
So, your idea of facts is a lying quote from IDFG???? Here are the REAL facts and data. Proof that you, Cooper and Hendricks are all idiots. I can't do a screenshot of the PDF data but if you go to the site, put in Idaho snowpack for 2019 and download the PDF file. Then scroll down to the Snake River ab Palisades Reservoir watershed data(which is the unit Hendricks was referring to and what you cluelessly claim had a bad winter because you're just another sheeple who believes any of the crap IDFG tells you) and you'll see that snowpacks in the years 2018 and 2019 were 102% and 88% of median, respectively. So, carry on, because I love it when morons like you guys spout off and remove all doubt about what idiots you are.

Don’t let facts get in the way of a Cooper cry-athon.

Last edited:
Do most people that live in Idaho consider themselves non residents? I love facts, prove where you read that non residents are the sole decline in hunting in Idaho. I won’t expect an answer
You already got the answer but obviously reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

So, your idea of facts is a lying quote from IDFG???? Here are the REAL facts and data. Proof that you, Cooper and Hendricks are all idiots. I can't do a screenshot of the PDF data but if you go to the site, put in Idaho snowpack for 2019 and download the PDF file. Then scroll down to the Snake River ab Palisades Reservoir watershed data(which is the unit Hendricks was referring to and what you cluelessly claim had a bad winter because you're just another sheeple who believes any of the crap IDFG tells you) and you'll see that snowpacks in the years 2018 and 2019 were 102% and 88% of median, respectively. So, carry on, because I love it when morons like you guys spout off and remove all doubt about what idiots you are.

Don’t let facts get in the way of a Cooper cry-athon.

Snow totals don’t dictate winterkill, nice try though, you get an a for effort

Snow totals don’t dictate winterkill, nice try though, you get an a for effort
Uh, yes, that is the definition of a hard winter and results in increased fawn mortality. Just another example of your extreme stupidity and ignorance. Are you really a hunter or just an internet troll sitting around in your underwear like Pickett so brilliantly alluded to??? Gawd, you're stupid!!

1608736778470.jpeg

Mallards,

Do you mean this map that shows eastern Idaho with 176%, 243%, and 184% above the median?

Uh, yes, that is the definition of a hard winter and results in increased fawn mortality. Just another example of your extreme stupidity and ignorance. Are you really a hunter or just an internet troll sitting around in your underwear like Pickett so brilliantly alluded to??? Gawd, you're stupid!!
Everyone is still waiting for your evidence that non residents are the sole cause of Idaho’s hunting decline

Pretty hilarious and yet disturbing how all the NR's come on here and other social media outlets posting about how great Idaho hunting is and posting their chest-thumping pics of the bulls/bucks they've killed here and then bash on IDFG about how the system sucks when they are the sole reason for the decline in the hunting and the need to go to a limited quota system.

Mallards only is about as sharp as a crayon
No kidding. He acts like the deer numners bounce back immediately after a hard winter. It takes years to rebuild a hard. That's why a bunch of southern units they slashed the doe tags. He's your typical liberal. Facts pass him off.

Must of been the same person when I was over there getting some groceries and overhead someone asking somebody else how many ounces were in a pound lol.

Mallards spring of 2017 I went horn hunting in Idaho for a 3 day weekend and found so many dead deer. The numbers aren't back to 2016 levels and nonresidents aren't the blame.

No kidding. He acts like the deer numners bounce back immediately after a hard winter. It takes years to rebuild a hard. That's why a bunch of southern units they slashed the doe tags. He's your typical liberal. Facts pass him off.

Must of been the same person when I was over there getting some groceries and overhead someone asking somebody else how many ounces were in a pound lol.

Mallards spring of 2017 I went horn hunting in Idaho for a 3 day weekend and found so many dead deer. The numbers aren't back to 2016 levels and nonresidents aren't the blame.
I also saw so many dead year that spring, some were just laying there watching you walk by, not enough strength to even get up

Mallards wasn't effected the past 5 winters.
The short bus didn't have to chain up a single time.
View attachment 20799
Mallards,

Do you mean this map that shows eastern Idaho with 176%, 243%, and 184% above the median?
That is the 2016/17 winter, “snowpocalypse” now show us numbers from 17/18, 18/19, and 19/20 because it’s been 3 fairly mild or average winters at worst. Again can’t believe I’m actually on mallards side for once

That is the 2016/17 winter, “snowpocalypse” now show us numbers from 17/18, 18/19, and 19/20 because it’s been 3 fairly mild or average winters at worst. Again can’t believe I’m actually on mallards side for once
Exactly! Once again, they are proving their inability for reading comprehension. I feel like I'm arguing with kindergartners. Facts don't piss me off. I'm the only one who has presented FACTS. Nobody else has presented a single fact to support their argument. They're just a bunch of whiny smoke-blowers.

Really?? Where did I claim this?? I believe I actually claimed quite the opposite. Might wanna try reading the thread before you blow a bunch of smoke proving you don't know what you're talking about.

Everyone is still waiting for your evidence that non residents are the sole cause of Idaho’s hunting decline
Have one of your children go back and read you the posts in this thread and explain them to you so you understand them because you're clearly incapable on your own.

Andrew,

What’s your point? You agree with Mallards that I am a moron and an idiot and you also agree with Mallards that NR are the sole problem? Good luck with that.

You agree that 16/17 was the “snowpocalypse” but you don’t agree with IDFG that 3 year old bucks and does are missing. Do you think that many other bucks and does that would be older than 3 also died in the winter of 2016/2017? Why would the IDGF lie about the winter of 19/20 being hard on the deer herd?

This thread started as criticism of the new IDFG computer system and has morphed into Mallards attacking the IDFG and NR. I guess if winter kill is not to blame for low deer numbers and residents are not to blame for low deer numbers; then NR must be the problem. Or maybe Mallards thinks the IDFG is lying about the eastern Idaho mule deer herd and the herd is actually in great shape.

I’m sure you guys will set me straight. Goodbye.

Andrew,

What’s your point? You agree with Mallards that I am a moron and an idiot and you also agree with Mallards that NR are the sole problem? Good luck with that.

You agree that 16/17 was the “snowpocalypse” but you don’t agree with IDFG that 3 year old bucks and does are missing. Do you think that many other bucks and does that would be older than 3 also died in the winter of 2016/2017? Why would the IDGF lie about the winter of 19/20 being hard on the deer herd?

This thread started as criticism of the new IDFG computer system and has morphed into Mallards attacking the IDFG and NR. I guess if winter kill is not to blame for low deer numbers and residents are not to blame for low deer numbers; then NR must be the problem. Or maybe Mallards thinks the IDFG is lying about the eastern Idaho mule deer herd and the herd is actually in great shape.

Mallard just lies to make himself sound smart

Let me see if I can make this unbelievably simple for your simple mind to comprehend. If you actually read the posts, 12 posts after I stated what you keep incorrectly claiming I said, I did actually clarify my comments and admit that I misspoke. You know, in the post that you "Liked.":rolleyes::rolleyes::unsure: I guess you really didn't comprehend that post though as you usually don't. Go back and read it again or, better yet, have one of your children explain it to you so you understand it.

The one me asking for help in Idaho or you blaming Idaho’s problems on non residents?cmon dipsh!t which one?

Andrew,

Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say any of those things.

Let me see if I can make this unbelievably simple for your simple mind to comprehend. If you actually read the posts, 12 posts after I stated what you keep incorrectly claiming I said, I did actually clarify my comments and admit that I misspoke. You know, in the post that you "Liked.":rolleyes::rolleyes::unsure: I guess you really didn't comprehend that post though as you usually don't. Go back and read it again or, better yet, have one of your children explain it to you so you understand it.
You said something smart for once and I liked it, well congrats princess ?

Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say any of those things.
Mallards,

You should go back and read your posts #75 and #110; you will see that you have said all of those things. You called the IDGF people liars and called me and others morons and idiots.

My post was addressed To Andrew as I had given up on any reasonable dialogue with you. Perhaps you and Cooper can resolve your differences because he is obviously affecting your ability to communicate effectively.

Here's some snow water equivalent charts. Kind of a B to find, but from the 2017 snowpocalipse on have all been above the median, especially late into the snow year when the critters are most vulnerable. Not that bad the last few, just a bit.

You're not reading that chart correctly. With the exception of 2016-17, all yrs since then have been BELOW median or within a trace amount above median(2019).

Andrew,

You agree that 16/17 was the “snowpocalypse” Yes. Never said otherwise. but you don’t agree with IDFG that 3 year old bucks and does are missing Nope. Never said that. In fact, I DO believe 3 yr old bucks and does are missing. I don't know when that statement from IDFG was so I don't know what year he was referring to. What I did disagree with was the outright lie about several harsh winters taking a toll on subsequent yrs which is not true and I don't buy the lie about the 2018-19 winter resulting in a loss of the 1 yr old deer class. That is solely the result of their mismanagement after the winter of 16-17.. Do you think that many other bucks and does that would be older than 3 also died in the winter of 2016/2017? Why would the IDGF lie about the winter of 19/20 being hard on the deer herd? Same reason they lie about many other things such as their elk mismanagement and massive payouts to farmers and culling of cows around Anderson Ranch Reservoir. They lie because they're completely incompetent at game management and try to come up with excuses to cover for their ineptitude.

This thread started as criticism of the new IDFG computer system and has morphed into Mallards attacking the IDFG and NR.Yes, you are correct. This thread DID start out as criticism of the IDFG computer system by NR's and my point is that the NR's shouldn't complain as they are largely to blame for more and more NR's coming to hunt here as a result of their SM posts and chest-thumping pics so they shouldn't blame anyone but themselves. At some point, IDFG had to do something rather than allow it to continue unchecked. Is/was it enough? My personal opinion is no. I think they should further limit the harvest of does in the affected units and put additional restrictions on Residents as well until the herd rebounds. I guess if winter kill is not to blame for low deer numbers and residents are not to blame for low deer numbers; Never said this. then NR must be the problem. Or maybe Mallards thinks the IDFG is lying about the eastern Idaho mule deer herd and the herd is actually in great shape. IDFG, NR's and RESIDENTS alike are ALL responsible for the poor health of Idaho's game herds. I actually pin most of the blame on IDFG as they should have drastically reduced harvest quotas after the 16-17 winter but didn't for multiple reasons, including avoiding a massive public outcry from the RESIDENTS. So, NO, NR's are not the only reason for the decline and if you go back and actually read the post and the clarification I made later, you will see that, rather than acting like the corrupt media and taking a small part of the quote and using it out of context.

Expand the quote to see the truth. Tried to cut it out of the quote box but couldn't.

Last edited:
Andrew,

Not agreeing to the name calling or anything like that, what I do agree with is way back too many posts to count somebody said that all of southern Idaho has been hit with several bad winters over the last few years and that is why the herds are struggling, Mallards said that guy obviously didn’t live in Idaho which must be true because anybody who lives in southern Idaho knows that we’ve had near 50 degree temps pretty consistently through January and February for the past 3 winters, ever since snowpocalypse. Then somebody came in and tried to use snowpocalypse data to refute the statement that we have actually had rather mild winters recently after mallards said how to look up the info. Yes snow pack at snotel sites has been pretty close to or even slightly above the median the last couple of years, funny thing is I could care less about those snotel sites because the deer don’t winter where there are snotel sites, the deer winter in the valleys and foothills where we have had little to no snow cover and mild temperatures for each of the last 3 winters now. So if people want to blame the winters for lack of deer population fine, but we have had the favorable conditions for deer herds to recover to a reasonable amount.

on a side note, I don’t think the deer populations are nearly as bad as everyone wants to think, the reality of it is that we are missing 1-2 years of age class in our bucks due to snowpocalypse killing most of that years fawn crop and causing lower fetal survival over that winter which just led to less fawns in general going into the winter of 2017/18. So I think we have a mature buck problem and in some areas an overall population problem but I see a bright future in the next 2-3 years if we can avoid anymore major winterkils

Idaho winter of 2018, all dead heads. If you don’t like these pics, I can show you pics of hundreds of dead deer from the same winter. The Fish and Game could have easily adjusted Antlered Buck Tags but they didn’t, they work for farmers and they still believe that all the Deer migrate out of the central mountains

EFA9500C-6E2C-4C36-8B86-EFABDAA23B53.jpeg

804F23D3-4C5C-4494-9046-DEB0CC4E1813.jpeg

3D88F75F-D3B3-4536-82DB-9946219F6733.jpeg

Back to the original post. The fish and game have turned there whole draw system into a circus, why do the farmers get a kick out of this mess. The problem lies with the flat brim resident hunters who want to opportunity hunt every year until they kill a decent buck then they want to become a trophy deer hunter And it’s unfair for them to have to wait for a trophy tag. Every unit needs to be draw and capped for resident and non- residents alike.

Hawkbill, I’ve said it before but fish and game does not , and should not , cater to trophy hunters. From reading some of your posts it’s obvious your a well seasoned hunter and have taken some great trophies. Guy like you probably doesn’t care if it takes 3,4 or more years in between tags but that’s not how the average joe resident Hunter feels. Like the neighbor that killed a 2 pint with his kid. Over the moon for that buck and can’t wait to go again next year. Why shouldn’t he be able to?

as much as I’d like to see trophy management as well I find it a selfish outlook from hunters that are more accomplished. You want to limit something. Do what Idaho’s doing. Limit the non resident Hunter of ANY STATE and give opportunity advantage to the residents of ANY STATE.

I’ll cast my lot in the draws and cross my fingers like the next guy. Other then that, like anyone. Want more, work harder

That’s fine that your neighbor kid killed a two point, I’m sure he and his dad were both very happy, but that kid is going to want to kill a four point next year just like all the kids before him. I also have kids they feel sorry for two points and want to see them mature. You can call me a trophy hunter if you’d like, I have been blessed with some great hunting in my life, as soon as a kid harvests his first animal he is looking for a bigger animal next year, so a trophy hunter is born. I also believe that our trophy units are for producing mature animals, not to be turned into oppurtunity hunts which the fish and game have done. Do you really believe that resident hunters can continue down the road of over the counter tags, are Deer herds are sure taking beating. I have seen the best Deer taken in Idaho this year and scored some of them, we are a long way off of what this state is capable of producing.How many new residents in Idaho this year will be added into the pool. Cap and draw every unit in the state, it’s coming hopefully not to late.

You want to talk Wolves Mallard, put your money where your mouth is. That picture is from 1800 yards, I’d like to see your shot. lets see your dead Wolf pictures

as soon as a kid harvests his first animal he is looking for a bigger animal next year, so a trophy hunter is born.
yeah, what i was saying. what you want he/she couldn't do that. "hey kid great first buck! going to have to wait 4 years to do it again, arent you just in love with hunting now?!!!"

when was the last time you checked a 14 year old attention span. any way. this comes up at F&G ill make sure im one of the voices opposing it. like i said, i find it a selfish desire

I agree with hawkbill. I think you are fooling yourself if you think that our deer herds can support OTC hunting in 80% of the state, first by archers now capable of 100+ yard shots, second another 3 weeks of general hunting with better optics, gear, and guns capable of 700+ yard shots, and then late season hunting by archers on top of this. Then add 100,000 new residents, many whom want to hunt, on top of all that.

Most other states have adopted unit restrictions on both residents and non-residents. They could see current mule deer herds clearly taking a dive. Idaho is no different, probably in some ways worse. Colorado, with the biggest herd in the US has gone to micromanaged units, and it shows. Same with Utah.

You want to talk Wolves Mallard, put your money where your mouth is. That picture is from 1800 yards, I’d like to see your shot. lets see your dead Wolf pictures
Never had an opportunity at a wolf or pack like that. And I call B.S on the 1800 yds. Even with a good spotting scope, you can't get pics with that detail at 1800 yds. I would have at least tried, instead of sitting behind my spotter taking pictures.

Mallards, you're wrong on just about every thing you say. Every year on the snow charts from 2017 on are above the median for almost the whole winter and on median out into the spring other than one station in 2018.

As for filming critters at 1800 yards, that's a piece of cake with new camera's and optics. I can film elk at 2500 yards and see exactly what they are especially if you view it in full 4K resolution.

In this video at the 26 second mark the bull is at 3050 yards and the bulls fighting right after are at 2376 yards

Get it right so we can have a real discussion. This has gotten completely ridiculous.

Petes

Mallards, you're wrong on just about every thing you say. Every year on the snow charts from 2017 on are above the median for almost the whole winter and on median out into the spring other than one station in 2018.

As for filming critters at 1800 yards, that's a piece of cake with new camera's and optics. I can film elk at 2500 yards and see exactly what they are especially if you view it in full 4K resolution.

In this video at the 26 second mark the bull is at 3050 yards and the bulls fighting right after are at 2376 yards

Get it right so we can have a real discussion. This has gotten completely ridiculous.

Petes
UMMM, NO. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS WRONG ABOUT THE CHARTS! Call NRCS and have somebody explain it to you if you don't believe me because you're full of crap. It's actually quite easy to read and interpret so to claim otherwise just shows your lack of intellect.

Mallards, what is wrong with you?

Every year since 2017 has been above the median for most of the winter.
snotel-2017-2021.jpg

Look at the stats "shading." That shows you standard deviation, sampling errors, and differences in sample sites. You'll see that all years in question with the exception of 2017(snowmageddon) fall within the green "median" shading, meaning they are essentially normal.

“Re: NR Tag Purchase Issues

Thank you for sharing your experience with the December 1 sale of nonresident items, and please forgive this delayed reply during this incredibly busy time.

With this being a first launch of our revised nonresident tag sales, the department and license system contractor worked hard to predict the interest in these tags and put in procedures for a smooth sale. Despite this effort, customer traffic on the website exceeded all estimates, which at critical times led to sluggish system performance. Over the course of the sale, over 20,000 nonresident customers were in line at one time or another to log in and buy tags.

We completely understand how frustrating this experience has been for some of our customers – and for that frustration, we apologize.

While tags in many units and zones have sold out for deer and elk, general-hunt tags remain available in some areas for nonresident hunters in many parts of Idaho. Additionally, you will have another opportunity for deer and elk hunts by applying for controlled hunt deer and elk tags in May.

Sincerely,

License Team, Idaho Fish & Game
Information: Idfg.idaho.gov<http://idfg.idaho.gov/> |Support: 1-208-334-2592
Sales: GoOutdoorsIdaho.com<https://license.gooutdoorsidaho.com/> | 1-800-554-8685”

C3,

I guess your going to have to teach Mallards how to read a graph or perhaps he is colorblind. Either way, you’re wasting your time since his mind is made up.

Actually, it's you two who don't know how to read the graph. Call NRCS though since you don't believe me and when they prove you're an idiot, come back on here and admit it to the rest of us.

Also true. They're probably just two more NR's who think they know everything about Idaho because anyone who actually lives here knows that the last few winters have been very average or below average.

This thread is a dumpster fire...that being said, of course winter kill is dependent on snow totals...on the winter range. Many of the snowtel monitor sites are at areas above 9000 feet, strategically placed to best predict runoff and available water for storage, aquifer recharge, and recreation. These are areas where deer and elk do not winter. We have had winters where there is loads of snow in the high country, but the winter range is relatively snow free. Several years ago the snake river plain had record snow totals yet the storms failed to dump snow in big numbers in the mountains. % were below average, but the big game struggled. Also, the timing of spring storms can have a huge impact on deer survival. Late spring snows, even though they don’t contribute much to the snow totals, can kill a lot of deer. It isn’t as easy as looking at the snow map and predicting deer mortality. Oh, and health of winter range is critical. A good wet spring and summer equals high carrying capacity for that winter. Summer fires and extremely dry spring and summers deplete winter range forage. (Henry’s creek fire SE Idaho a few summers back). Anyway, back to the pissing match

Snowtel does not tell you everything, you've got temperatures, snow density and timing of storms, boots on the ground are more accurate they us monday morning quarterbacks looking at stats.

It’s funny how someone who doesn’t live in a place can tell someone who does live there with such certainty’s what there weather is. Only in Internet land could such silly arguments be made. If you were both standing in the rain it’d be a lot harder to convince a guy it’s sunny out

It’s funny how someone who doesn’t live in a place can tell someone who does live there with such certainty’s what there weather is. Only in Internet land could such silly arguments be made. If you were both standing in the rain it’d be a lot harder to convince a guy it’s sunny out
NR internet f-ing "experts."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom