Idaho OTC General Hunt

KGParker

Had a great hunt this year and already looking forward to next year. It was a tough season as most all on here have mentioned. We experienced very cold mornings and even snow and rain during our hunt. Just what you hope for in an Idaho Deer hunt! The hunting was tough as it seems that each year there are more and more side by sides and even motorcycle hunters flying all over the place!! I just don't get it. That being said, I chose to get off the trail a mile or two and was able to connect this this guy on day four of my hunt. Not my biggest buck, but not a bad one either. He will put meat in the freezer and I am thankful for the experience. The new Stone Glacier pack was the highlight of the trip and saved me lots of pain getting him out.

34556img2871.jpg

44419img2869.jpg

67519img2872.jpg

Nice buck..until this year I have hunted several different Idaho general units.I know it's hard to get a nice buck without putting in some work. I personally try to get up off the roads and hunt on foot, but I also enjoy sharing my hunt with my dad who can't physically get out there anymore. I know there are a lot of people on here that "Cant believe all the side by sides and quads" people, but frankly, I'm not sure what you people expect..hate to say it, but most hunters these days are getting older and unfortunately can't get around like they used to. My dad is one of those guys. He has hunted in Idaho for better than 35 years as a non resident. He's killed more big bucks than I ever hope to in his time and he loves to hunt. He just can't do it like he used to. I understand there are people that could try harder, but for a lot of our older hunters, it's the only way they can get out there anymore. Maybe some of you could slack off and consider that fact. Again, good going on a cool general tag buck..

Very nice post. Brings back memories of my dad coming in from out of state back in the early 90?s and helping me get my first Idaho ram in 42 then going up to 48 and getting his first bull elk as a non res. Hard to draw tag he got. Can?t imagine the vitriole I would have faced these days asking for help online
Glad the internet didn't exist back then.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-19 AT 10:29PM (MST)[p]Way to use the quads god gave you and get away from the mob. Stone Glacier makes a solid product. Congrats on a successful hunt.

God gave me horses and mules.
Then he gave me a quad.
Then he gave me a SXS.

I still have all of them.

One thing he took was my right ACL.

Quality deer. Well done. I am hoping to get out to idaho next year and do an over the counter hunt. I like the idea of packing in several miles and camping. Any info you got for a newbie? Units to look into, thoughts and and any useful info would be greatly appreciated. Again congrats on your success.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom