idaho results?

Wow, I thought I was impatient. I always know the results of the draw by my birthday (June 30th). I searched the Idaho forum and the back door showed results June 21st last year. The problem is that as soon as one guy finds out and tells his buddies, then his buddies tell their buddies and the web site crashes 15 minutes later. Then it takes 3 days to get the site back up and it crashes again after another 15 minutes.

That's ok, when that happens all you got to do is call them up and they'll tell you what/if you drew anything...

They are always up before June 27th or earlier. IDFG needs to fix their page!! it couldnt even handle the OIL tags and people looking about the only state that crashes like this

RE: By June 26

If i remember correctly you go to purchase a new tag on the fish and game site. If you have drawn a controlled tag it will give you the option to buy one

Has any one tried going through the back door yet.I know what it will say on me so I will not waste my time

45 ACP for when you have seconds to live and the police are only minutes away

AAAARRRRRGGG!!
They even got a dang clock on the results page, as of....1:03MDT nothing,,,,
I can't take it much longer. Already struck out in 4 states.!
Come on!

It doesn't show any tags for me in the "back door" but I have less than a 20% chance of pulling a tag.

When I try mine and my dads through the bd his goes straight to the otc tags and mine pops up with other options then loads switches over to the general screen

I can't wit for these results to come out. My last chance to draw a tag
Is anyone else desperately waiting also?

Goat

I'm going crazy waiting. I have a tag for G in WY but I would really like a mule deer tag with November hunting dates in ID.

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

I can't even get the Idaho Fish and Game main page to load on my computer, hopefully something is in the works.

The updated the license page to provide an option to buy a 2015 license. Still nothing through the back door though.

I think they'll upload at 4:45 pm today, the site will crash at 5:05 pm, and then they will have it fixed by Thursday at 10:00 am. :)

Hopefully we won't crash this time when the results are ready.

The updated time shows the current date and time because its checking each time. Once that notice goes away, you'll be presented with an option to check your license for results.

Good luck!

>thanks greatbasin, with that link. I
>hope it is sometime this
>week. can't wait any longer
>
>
>Goat

You bet. Hopefully that link will bring us all some good news. Good luck.

The odds are looow but I still have hope. And I tell people all the time hope and pray is not a strategy. Hurry up already And put me out of my misery!!!

Spoke with Idaho today. As NoN resi applicant - started looking at years past tag allocations. 10% set aside for non resident tags in Idaho is a theoretical farse. 10% is the max allocation for controlled hunts but non resi hunters rarely reach the max allocation because they draw the remaining residents with the non residents to fill the remaining 10% tags slated for non resident hunters. Wish all states would adopt Nevada's system.

I call BS on that...Ill leave unit names out of this, but there are units with huge numbers of resident apps and very low non resident apps and somehow every year the non residents get their 10% sorry, but the system is not being run as it is stated. The odds of this happening every year is quite peculiar and almost not even possible. I think ID does everything it can to get the 10% non resident quota..its money and they are hurting

Everyone is in the same draw, but when 10% of the tags go to nonresidents for each hunt, the rest of the nonresidents are disqualified. If 10% of the applicants are resident, the draw will likely spit out close to 10% of the tags to nonresidents. The more weighted it is over 10% nonresident applicants, the more likely the 10% nonresident cap will be hit. Start getting like 20% nonresident applicants for a hunt and 10% nonresident tags is pretty much a sure deal.

Idaho hurting for cash

Maybe they should raise tag prices again. Oh wait that's when they quit selling out of tags every year. Partially not their fault because the timing was so poor withy the economy crashing but sales haven't come back.

I think you residents should raise a stink and maybe after a certain date they could sell nonresident tags to residents for a reduced price?

And I won't ask for idaho to adopt Nevadans system because that would cost me money every year as I would have to apply. But since idahos application deadline is so late I know if I have tags in other states or not so like this year idaho gets no money from me

Old tired argument

LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-14 AT 10:10AM (MST)[p]>Spoke with Idaho today. As NoN
>resi applicant - started looking
>at years past tag allocations.
>10% set aside for non
>resident tags in Idaho is
>a theoretical farse. 10% is
>the max allocation for controlled
>hunts but non resi hunters
>rarely reach the max allocation
>because they draw the remaining
>residents with the non residents
>to fill the remaining
>10% tags slated for non
>resident hunters. Wish all states
>would adopt Nevada's system.

They do not set aside 10% of tags for NR. If you read the regs you would know that NR are allowed up to 10% of the tags. Key words there are UP TO. When they run the draw everybody is pooled together, if a particular hunt meets the 10% NR quota then all other NR applications are eliminated from that hunt going forward. I'm guessing most of the tags that don't meet the quota are probably antler less tags as I'm guessing most NR's don't wanna pay the money for a doe or cow

This is what so many NR do not understand about the Idaho drawing system. No, Idaho does not guarantee 10% of tags for NR, instead Idaho gives NR the same drawing odds as residents until the cap of 10% is reached. If the 10% cap is reached, any remaining NR are disqualified from the rest of the drawing. 2nd choice rarely matters because Idaho expects you to put in for what you actually want instead of playing points game with 1st, 2nd and even 3rd choice drawings where you apply for what you don't expect to draw for 1st choice and then hope to draw one of your lesser choices.

I quickly took the drawing results from 2013 for antlered deer, and here are the results:

49 total Controlled hunts

In 24 the NR drew at a lower percentage than were represented by the # of apps

In 6 The NR drew at a higher percentage than they were represented in the total # of apps.

In 19 NR drew in equal percentage +-2% to the rate they were represented in the total # of apps.

So in approximately 50% of drawings the NR draws Less than they represent and in 50% they draw equal to or more than they represent, anyone still want to whine about how this is unfair?

I did a lot of looking into the impact of this last year, hearing a lot of complaining from NR about this. Fact is most hunts don't have more than 10% of all applications come from NR and most of them never reach the 10% cap. Some do, particularly those hunts with less than say 20 tags, like Trophy Species.

For the most part, NR applicants are not getting short changed, because they don't make up a large enough % of the pool. Why would we guaranty 10% of tags if they only make up say 8% of the applicants, just to drive sales?

Anyone who doesn't draw the tag they applied for is going to find a way to be unhappy, even if it's free.

I drew a tag this year so I am Very Happy!

It seems like every year its the same old story of NR'S with their sad stories about how Idaho needs to change their draw system. Here's a novel idea, why don't you submit to the draw and if you are not sucessful buy an over the counter general tag and come and hunt any way. If you put in the time,you may not kill a wall hanger, but odds are you will come home with some meat and a great experience!!

>It seems like every year its
>the same old story of
>NR'S with their sad stories
>about how Idaho needs to
>change their draw system. Here's
>a novel idea, why don't
>you submit to the draw
>and if you are not
>sucessful buy an over the
>counter general tag and come
>and hunt any way. If
>you put in the time,you
>may not kill a wall
>hanger, but odds are you
>will come home with some
>meat and a great experience!!
>

That's fine if idaho wants to turn away my money every year thanks it's saves me money. I'll only apply there as a last resort

Now if you wanted to gain a ton a revenue implement a point system and I would have to apply every year.

Even with a point system nobody would be forcing you to apply every year. You have a choice to apply or not. If you hate idahos draw system so much don't apply. I personally love it because I know that I have the same odds as everybody else every year. And when my son turns 10 he too will have the same odds as everyone else. He won't have to wait 20 years to draw a tag

You're right I wouldn't have to apply ever year but I would.

And if it were a system like nevada it doesn't leave the youth behind

I just have a hard time watching my dad apply for the same tag every year for close to 15 years now and never draw it and the odds aren't that long.

>And if it were a system
>like nevada it doesn't leave
>the youth behind
>

How does Nevada's system not leave youth behind. If you are behind in the points game you are behind plain and simple. I know Nevada has bonus points not preference points but once you are behind your odds drop dramatically. I should've said when my son turns 10 he will have the same chance as everybody else. No draw is guaranteed unless it is preference points but preference point systems are the worst of all. I've said before that one way idfg could appease the NR applicants while keeping the odds about the same for residents would be to implement a point system of some type for NR only and set a guaranteed quota of 10% because at that point if residents don't have points and NR do they would have to run 2 different draws. I would be ok with a system like that but I much prefer the no points option

They could create more youth only tags as Nevada has done

But Nevada is bonus not preference so you can draw with no points.

But why not allow more than on choice too? Maybe 5 is too many but three? The controlled hunt we like to try for has an early and a late but no way would we ever dare try for the late as the odds are so long and no guaranteed non res tags means throwing money away

Like you said if the residents could get over the guaranteed 10% to non res run a seperate draw with points. Idaho gets more money non residents odds go down not up and residents keep the odds they desire. Win win right?

I live here. I pay income tax here, sales tax here, property tax here, not to mention all other state and city fees and permits. Yet NRs have the same chance as I to draw any state tag until and if a 10% limit is reached. Sorry, not seeing an issue.

Don't blame you for wanting better odds, but so does everybody else.

Pre, and others,

No offense, but your (and mine too) income tax, sales tax, property tax, vehicle fees, ect do NOT contribute one cent to wildlife management in Idaho! License, tag and permit sales, and FEDERAL money provide the bulk of the funds. I hate that argument!

However, I do agree the Idaho system if fine as is, and should NOT be changed.

>Pre, and others,
>
>No offense, but your (and mine
>too) income tax, sales tax,
>property tax, vehicle fees, ect
>do NOT contribute one cent
>to wildlife management in Idaho!
>License, tag and permit sales,
>and FEDERAL money provide the
>bulk of the funds. I
>hate that argument!
>
>However, I do agree the Idaho
>system if fine as is,
>and should NOT be changed.
>

What about a system like Wyoming has where there is a point system for the non residents but not affecting the residents giving us non residents something an incentive to spend $200 bucks a year on applications?

I enjoy these forums and very rarely get involved in debates like this one, but as a Nevada resident I have my own opinion about Idaho's draw system too. I don't like it one bit; however, I enjoy the application process, the anticipation of waiting for results, and everything else that comes along with it, but I especially cherish the additional chance - albeit slim - to draw another big game tag in the West. I am sitting on 4 big game tags for this year as of right now, so it's hard to complain. I completely disagree, however, with the notion that I (as a non-resident) have the "same odds" as everyone else in Idaho. That simply cannot be true when non-residents can get UP TO 10% of the quotas. That would only be true if the quotas were split 50/50 between non-residents and residents (which I completely disagree with as well). In any event, as much as I complain about Idaho's draw, I have still forked over the money for over 10 years and still haven't drawn an Idaho tag.

There is NO equitable way to increase your odds of drawing a tag. If A gets better odds, B gets lower odds. No way around that. Random is king in my mind.

As soon as a "point" system is instituted, there will be an influx of applicants wanting to get in on the game which will result in much lower odds in the long run for everyone, especially those too young or who have not been born yet.

I would be in favor of eliminating the NR license requirement in exchange for slightly higher application fees, but that would kill the odds too :(

If your willing to pay in ID as is, its hard to beat the odds!

>Pre, and others,
>
>No offense, but your (and mine
>too) income tax, sales tax,
>property tax, vehicle fees, ect
>do NOT contribute one cent
>to wildlife management in Idaho!
>License, tag and permit sales,
>and FEDERAL money provide the
>bulk of the funds. I
>hate that argument!
>
>However, I do agree the Idaho
>system if fine as is,
>and should NOT be changed.
>

None taken. And you are mostly right. Its been a while since I did grad work with that agency, so my info is dated but I believe still somewhat accurate. IDFG is not supported by the general fund. IDFG gets federal money but that is mostly for anadromous fish. Thats another story. http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/about/2013annualReport.pdf

Having said that, the agency does not exist in a vacuum. IDFG is a bureau of the state of Idaho. The health and solvency of the state certainly helps maintain an independent agency. Look at Colorado. They had to merge fish and game with parks. Then license fees went up. I see tree hugger taxes forthcoming in Colorado.

Hope you draw well. In Idaho. We need your cash.

>this thread was started for drawing
>results, not a NR bitchfest.
>start a different thread and
>whine there.

+1

>this thread was started for drawing
>results, not a NR bitchfest.
>start a different thread and
>whine there.

Didn't draw,??? :)

I'm afraid to look at mine.

I drew my first tag since moving to Idaho in 08. 38x. Oct 10-29. Questioning whether to even pick it up though since we have a baby due oct 17

>>this thread was started for drawing
>>results, not a NR bitchfest.
>>start a different thread and
>>whine there.
>
>
>+1

You got it...NR's go pound sand with your b*tching...

Better yet, go buy some points in state "X"...

No draw for me. Good luck to all that did. Years of applying with no luck. I just want NR's to compete against other NR's for the few allotted tags. residents should get 90 %.
Not 100% which could theoretically occur under the present system.

>No draw for me. Good luck
>to all that did. Years
>of applying with no luck.
>I just want NR's to
>compete against other NR's for
>the few allotted tags. residents
>should get 90 %.
> Not 100% which could theoretically
>occur under the present system.
>

All I think when I read this is "boo hoo Idaho is a big bully and won't let me hunt their premium units" guess what if Idaho is your last ditch effort at a tag they are still available. Go buy one OTC scout a lil and maybe you'll find what you're looking for. Until then QYB

I think nonresidents should get the same percent of tags as they make up for the game departments budget. So if nonresidents fund 50% of ID's budget nonresidents should get 50% of the tags. If states did this I don't think any of them would have revenue problems.

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

>I think nonresidents should get the
>same percent of tags as
>they make up for the
>game departments budget. So
>if nonresidents fund 50% of
>ID's budget nonresidents should get
>50% of the tags.
>If states did this I
>don't think any of them
>would have revenue problems.
>
>
>"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."
>

hahahahaha....funny one.

Maybe all you NR's should worry about fixing the draw systems in your own states and worry a little less about how unfair it is that every one of you doesn't get a unit 40 or 45 buck tag "because we contribute more to your state". Not a one of you lives or works in this state, you are not part of the community that makes this state what it is. Next time you think you contribute more to our state think again. Maybe they make you pay more for a license and tag but the people who live in this great state contribute more than any one of you worthless NR's ever will.

>>this thread was started for drawing
>>results, not a NR bitchfest.
>>start a different thread and
>>whine there.
>
>
>Didn't draw,??? :)
>
>I'm afraid to look at mine.
>

I actually did draw. got the 44 bull tag again. drew in 2012 too. total luck, btw.

My daughter drew 100%. Antelope in 32, Mule deer in 18 and late cow in 32. She is stoked. She killed her first deer and bear last fall.

Going to seek an administrative remedy to protect or ensure 10% of controlled hunt tags go to NR app's in all units. Otherwise a class action suit may be in order

>Otherwise a class action
>suit may be in order

Now that's good ##### right there, I don't care who ya are. Those whiners are still bitching on the other thread about their 10 year olds not getting a trophy tag that they couldn't appreciate anyway, lol.

Go ahead and poke fun but if I had a dog in the fight I would be pissed. People straight up broke the rules and got away with it.

Its not just the "trophy" hunts those kids did or didn't apply for that should have or shouldn't have applied for. There are also a number of junior hunts that the kids missed out on or got that shouldn't have

Wow between this thread and the one on 10 yr olds in the draw sounds like Idaho could have 2 class action suits coming their way. Nitis the one you are threatening might stand a chance but I'm pretty sure the only thing spome and his suit could accomplish is a rate hike to cover legal fees. Either way what could anybody get back, maybe a couple $6.25 app fees. Spome you still don't get it, nowhere does Idaho say NR's are guaranteed 10% of the tags. Read the frickin regs you tard it says NR's are allowed up to 10%, that means NR's could draw anywhere from 0-10%, no guarantees.

Maybe they set the number of tags at less than 10% OK! But NR hunters have some standing here not to mention the federal dollar arguments.

Collectively we contribute significant dollars and efforts in Idaho to have a reasonable number of assigned tags to draw for. 0% is selfish and unacceptable.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-14 AT 12:45PM (MST)[p]>Maybe they set the number of
>tags at less than 10%
> OK! But NR hunters
>have some standing here not
>to mention the federal dollar
>arguments.
>
>Collectively we contribute significant dollars and
>efforts in Idaho to have
>a reasonable number of assigned
>tags to draw for. 0%
>is selfish and unacceptable.
You sir are an absolute idiot. You have this vision stuck in your head that idfg somehow plucks a random number of tags from the air and sets a quota for NR's. I will repeat the regs plainly state that NR's may draw up to 10% of the tags. Therefore if a hunt has 100 tags nonresidents could potentially draw up to 10 of them. There is no assigned number to NR's and there shouldn't be. You and every other NR would have the same odds as every resident does up until the point of 10 out of 100 tags being drawn by NR in my example. Meaning if NR only draw 9 tags you have the same odds as a resident does for every one of those 100 tags. You don't get special treatment just because your license and tags cost a little more than mine does, that sir is selfish and unacceptable.

Oh and while you are busy filing class action suits about unfair treatment of NR hunters please file one against Oregon because as a NR I am not allowed to draw a mt. goat tag there and that is just not fair. How dare a game and fish department make a law that benefits the residents of their state. As I said in an earlier post while you may contribute a little more to our fish and game department by paying extra for NR license and tags you do not contribute half of what I or any other resident of Idaho does to the economy of this state, and in the end that is really what it is all about, the state as a whole as opposed to the idfg in a vacuum.

>LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-14
>AT 12:45?PM (MST)

>
>>Maybe they set the number of
>>tags at less than 10%
>> OK! But NR hunters
>>have some standing here not
>>to mention the federal dollar
>>arguments.
>>
>>Collectively we contribute significant dollars and
>>efforts in Idaho to have
>>a reasonable number of assigned
>>tags to draw for. 0%
>>is selfish and unacceptable.
>You sir are an absolute idiot.
>You have this vision stuck
>in your head that idfg
>somehow plucks a random number
>of tags from the air
>and sets a quota for
>NR's. I will repeat the
>regs plainly state that NR's
>may draw up to 10%
>of the tags. Therefore if
>a hunt has 100 tags
>nonresidents could potentially draw up
>to 10 of them. There
>is no assigned number to
>NR's and there shouldn't be.
>You and every other NR
>would have the same odds
>as every resident does up
>until the point of 10
>out of 100 tags being
>drawn by NR in my
>example. Meaning if NR only
>draw 9 tags you have
>the same odds as a
>resident does for every one
>of those 100 tags. You
>don't get special treatment just
>because your license and tags
>cost a little more than
>mine does, that sir is
>selfish and unacceptable.
>
>Oh and while you are busy
>filing class action suits about
>unfair treatment of NR hunters
>please file one against Oregon
>because as a NR I
>am not allowed to draw
>a mt. goat tag there
>and that is just not
>fair. How dare a game
>and fish department make a
>law that benefits the residents
>of their state. As I
>said in an earlier post
>while you may contribute a
>little more to our fish
>and game department by paying
>extra for NR license and
>tags you do not contribute
>half of what I or
>any other resident of Idaho
>does to the economy of
>this state, and in the
>end that is really what
>it is all about, the
>state as a whole as
>opposed to the idfg in
>a vacuum.

Not anymore. One NR mt goat tag is available. :)

>>LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-14
>>AT 12:45?PM (MST)

>>
>>>Maybe they set the number of
>>>tags at less than 10%
>>> OK! But NR hunters
>>>have some standing here not
>>>to mention the federal dollar
>>>arguments.
>>>
>>>Collectively we contribute significant dollars and
>>>efforts in Idaho to have
>>>a reasonable number of assigned
>>>tags to draw for. 0%
>>>is selfish and unacceptable.
>>You sir are an absolute idiot.
>>You have this vision stuck
>>in your head that idfg
>>somehow plucks a random number
>>of tags from the air
>>and sets a quota for
>>NR's. I will repeat the
>>regs plainly state that NR's
>>may draw up to 10%
>>of the tags. Therefore if
>>a hunt has 100 tags
>>nonresidents could potentially draw up
>>to 10 of them. There
>>is no assigned number to
>>NR's and there shouldn't be.
>>You and every other NR
>>would have the same odds
>>as every resident does up
>>until the point of 10
>>out of 100 tags being
>>drawn by NR in my
>>example. Meaning if NR only
>>draw 9 tags you have
>>the same odds as a
>>resident does for every one
>>of those 100 tags. You
>>don't get special treatment just
>>because your license and tags
>>cost a little more than
>>mine does, that sir is
>>selfish and unacceptable.
>>
>>Oh and while you are busy
>>filing class action suits about
>>unfair treatment of NR hunters
>>please file one against Oregon
>>because as a NR I
>>am not allowed to draw
>>a mt. goat tag there
>>and that is just not
>>fair. How dare a game
>>and fish department make a
>>law that benefits the residents
>>of their state. As I
>>said in an earlier post
>>while you may contribute a
>>little more to our fish
>>and game department by paying
>>extra for NR license and
>>tags you do not contribute
>>half of what I or
>>any other resident of Idaho
>>does to the economy of
>>this state, and in the
>>end that is really what
>>it is all about, the
>>state as a whole as
>>opposed to the idfg in
>>a vacuum.
>
>
>Not anymore. One NR mt goat
>tag is available. :)
>

Well I stand corrected. Spome is still an idiot though

I STAND CORRECTED BY idfg.

NR do stand a reasonable opportunity in the draw to a cap of 10%.

I was initially told they drew the 90% residents and drew the remaining NR quotas with the remaining residents which is what got me so fired up.

read the regs !! PERIOD if u cant read get someone educated enough to read them too you !! in CONTROLLED HUNTS with 10 or fewer tags NOT more than "ONE" NON RESIDENT tag MAY BE ISSUED !!! In CONTROLLED HUNTS with MORE than 10 tags Except UNLIMITED CONTROLLED HUNTS !! NOT more than 10 PERCENT of the tags MAY BE ISSUED to NON RESIDENTS !! page 108 of the 2014 regs !!! please bring on a class action suit we need another Idiot in the news !!!

>>>this thread was started for drawing
>>>results, not a NR bitchfest.
>>>start a different thread and
>>>whine there.
>>
>>
>>Didn't draw,??? :)
>>
>>I'm afraid to look at mine.
>>
>
>I actually did draw. got the
>44 bull tag again. drew
>in 2012 too. total luck,
>btw.

I looked. I did not draw 44 bull. Nor did my wife. Good for you. Have fun. Let me know if you see a bunch of spikes!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom