Idaho sheep

Big400inchbulls

Anyone have input on California sheep hunts? Seems like number are really low? Anyone know first hand about bruneau-Jarbidge hunt? Fish and game said there was a die off event. Anyone have any advice on where to put in? I'm going to start putting in regular on either sheep, moose goat and California sheep looks like it could be a lot of fun. Just looking at drawing odds no unit is really better as far as that goes. Any input is really appreciated!

California's are struggling from disease like fish and game said in that unit and others. hence the tag reductions. hopefully they can get those herds turned around soon before they have to close hunting. I did some lamb recruitment counts last year and it ranged from some groups with 0 lambs to around 50% lamb recruitment. its awesome country to be in though.

If you're a NR considering applying for one of the "Big-4", my recommendation would be to start with Moose, which is much easier to draw. After drawing your OIL tag for Moose, you can then play the sheep lottery for the rest of your life. Draw odds for sheep run less than 1% if you are a NR. Cost to apply is now up to $280.25 per year in non-refundable fees. With such a high cost, you might want to first apply for something with a realistic chance to draw, i.e., Moose.

Yikes that processing fee hurts??

The moose situation is dire in some units know before you put in, it can be a tough hunt. They burrow in like fleas on a hairy dog.

Also, personally I would rather hunt goats or sheep.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom