Idaho Unit 27

K

kidneystone

Anyone willing to discuss unit 27 with someone new to the area? I just have a few general questions before I put in the foot work. I won't hunt there this year but am starting to plan a little for next years hunts. I'll be hunting in se Idaho this year.
thanks

I've hunted 27 a few times before. Very rugged area, I guess that's why they call it the backcountry. Send me an email if you are interested and I will tell you a tale of a weekend spent in that country several years ago.
[email protected]

Later,
Shelby

kidneystone, I am heading to unit 27 on the 26th. This will be my first elk hunt and I searched long and hard for a place to hunt. I would be glad to help with any info you need. It will be a tough hunt but it ought to be real fun. shelby I would like to hear any info you have if you don't mind.

I sent you an e-mail, shelby.

garman, I would like to hear how you do and your perspective after huntting the area.

I used to hunt unit 27 years ago--- I'd be interested in the details of your hunt.

A friend of mine from Twin Falls hunts just south of there in the Yankee Fk area....but has been seeing wolves frequently...I'm curious as to how they are impacting the local critters...

Good Luck.

2 years ago went off of sleeping deer road out of challis. the road runs along the top so your hunting down and packing up. got into some elk, no shots, but the outfitters were pulling out some big bulls but they were going in on horseback about 10-15 miles. there is also a huge burn near the end of the road. the best advise i can give is to get in shape! travis

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom