Idaho Unit 48 Muledeer

Have ageneral season tag and lookig at going the last week of the season since it closes Oct 31st, anyone ever hunted the area before? Thanks for any input.

It’s probably the most hunted over the counter unit in the state at this time. First Light is in Ketchum and social media has taken a big toll on this unit. Good luck

48 and the neighboring units have taken a bit hit the last several years. Between being way overhunted and really bad winterkill 2 of the last 3 years, it's really lost a lot of it's older deer. I'm hoping Fish and Game does something to limit hunter numbers in the area in the future but I've moved on

Unit 39 is clearly the most over the counter hunted unit in the state. 12,000+ hunters in 2019 in unit 39 vs 1800 hunters in 2019 in 48. This is all out on F&G website.

It started going down hill ten to fifteen years ago and it really pains me to see how it continues to get even worse over the years. Some awesome mule deer country but the herd is sad and buck numbers and age pitiful.

I have spent numerous hours on the FG website combing over all of the harvest data , hunter numbers, ect for the past few seasons. do appreciate everyones feedback and totally understand all of the feedback. I'm a guy who will continue to do my homework,always hunts hard, likes to find areas where most wont go and spends time glassing. I'm fairly easy to please and will be happy with any average buck. Just happy to be in the country looking for deer with a rifle in my hands. Thanks again and good luck to all.

Unit 39 is clearly the most over the counter hunted unit in the state. 12,000+ hunters in 2019 in unit 39 vs 1800 hunters in 2019 in 48. This is all out on F&G website.
I’ve actually crunched the numbers on unit size vs hunter numbers. 32A actually has the highest hunter density of any mule deer unit, followed closely by 43 and then 39. The crazy part about 32A when you really consider it is how much of it is private these days as well

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom