Idaho unit 54 muzzleloader elk tag

Sidahohunter

We drew 3 muzzleloader bull tags in unit 54. Somewhat familiar with the unit and the caliber of bulls it holds but does anyone have any pointers?

Yes I do
First don't ask for pointers when you draw one OR THREE! Of the most coveted elk tags in the state.
Second get to know every corner of this unit. I've seen elk just about every corner of 54.
Third enjoy every minute of it because it's going to be a awesome ride!???

Give me a tag and I'll show you some big bulls. LOL!!!

54 Muzzy 2017
20661img2758.jpg

Working on it! Going to start on the south side of the unit near deadline and continue around the unit. Little stressed now but that will subside when I start finding some big bull elk

Hah right! It'll get better when I can put feet on the ground in August and see some nice bulls if they even exist in 54???? just kidding. I have never heard that you could not put in for group hunts on bull elk in Idaho.

I would also like to thank you all for the help and comments. I am new to the forum thing and have never ever posted on a forum until this one. I stumbled on to this forum looking for information that could get me closer to getting my dad and wife their first, hopefully respectable, branch antler bull and killing that once of a lifetime bull. I'm not looking for a handout or exact spots but info on hunting the bulls in this unit while avoiding all the people. I never believed that I would ever draw this tag and figured that I'd end up going back to my trusty 49. Thanks again!

Use your glass and you won't have any trouble finding bulls in 54.....I had the buck tag last year and saw bulls in every drainage I went into.

You will never get away from people in the unit. it is a highly used recreation area. Finding a camp spot is tough due to half of the twin falls residence spending the weekend riding and camping. LOL I have been lucky enough to take three bulls out of 54 in the past 4 years. I have covered every inch of the unit and all three of my bulls where taken with in two miles of each other. You can find pictures of all three of my bulls on this site. 366" archery bull, 375" muzzy bull and a 380" rifle bull.

Good luck

I would like to rephrase my question if I may. Did you draw all three tags on a party application or were they individual apps? Thanks

Agree with the other guys. There are elk EVERYWHERE. HERE IS A GOLDEN 'CLUE'.

The biggest elk you (any of us) have ever seen lives at Wooden Shoe. I would tell ......... but I simply can't get the tag and he's GETTING OLD.

Within the shadows, move softly.
(Long-time member; somehow I was 'lost' after have logged 10,000+ posts.)

Buckhorn you can apply as a party for any elk,deer or antelope hunt bull,buck,cow or doe. there is just a limit on how many can be in a party application

Chadpacker you must have some amazing luck! Those are all awesome bull! There are a ton of people all over that unit but I hope that doesn't phase us too much. Jaeger22 I will have to look in that area. I hope he lives on and that you may someday get to hunt him or one of his offspring. Buckhorn we did draw them as a group. I may only hope I can shoot straight with shaky hands. Plan to do a ton of glassing to find that once of a lifetime bull bugle4one!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom