Idaho Unit 66 - West of Palisades Reservoir

P

PAElkoholic

Is anyone familar with this area of Unit 66? Does this area still hold elk and muleys? We have not hunted this area for quite sometime, looking to get back in there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PA

Gets hit hard. Lots of people.. haven't been hit hard by wolves yet though. They dropped the number of tags for both cows and bulls by about 400 tags total. Proposed but most likely gonna happen i'd say.

It is a zoo most of the time and there are a ton of people thst hunt it. The places you hunt normally just don't seem to get the elk like they used too. The other problem is there are a lot of elk on private ground and they don't let too many people if any on there. Muleys are few and far between. Numbers are way down although fish and game say the are normal. There always normal to them. But if you find an area with deer there are some good bucks.

If you are talking 66 and not 66A it is an open cow and bull hunt. It is not the hunt that it used to be simply because there is an unlimited number of elk permits.

I have hunted this for over 20 years and it is not the hunting that we used to have in this unit. Very very hard to find a big bull because of the unlimited number of bull permits.

We do not see the deer that we used to see.

If you are talking 66 and not 66A it is an open cow and bull hunt. It is not the hunt that it used to be simply because there is an unlimited number of elk permits.

I have hunted this for over 20 years and it is not the hunting that we used to have in this unit. Very very hard to find a big bull because of the unlimited number of bull permits.

We do not see the deer that we used to see.
My son and I are going to try to make it happen in this unit. I'd appreciate it greatly if you could lend me some of your expertise in this unit. Thank you.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom