Idaho Unit 67 Goat Tag

B

Bowtech38

I drew the Unit 67 Goat Tag, wondering if anybody has any info to share? Where are the Goats? What is the best way in for a guy on foot?

Congrats on the tag, I drew Unit 50 Mountain Goat, it's in my backyard so easier for me. I've spent a little bit of time in 67, but it was mostly for fishing and snowmobiling, have not seen goats where I've been there. Good Luck, scouting season is about here.

I have spent alot of time hunting deer in 67 but all have been in November and at a lower elevation. I have heard the goats hang in "Hellhole" and around Waterfall Canyon. Not sure if the short and steep route is better than going up Palisades Creek. Lets hear the comments!

lots of goats in the unit, start scouting and you will find them. great article in the last eastmans of a goat out of 67. my buddy drew it last year and i went scouting with him, had a great time

Go up to the top of Indian Creek. Lots of goats. I grubbed trail for the FS and have seen alot in Indian Creek way up high.

If you have horses go up Palisades creek. Its a better trail. Waterfall is steep.

You don't have to go very far up Indian Creek to be in Wyoming. If you hunt that area you better be really careful where you shoot a goat.

There are lots of goats in 67. IF&G could probably double the number of tags issued without hurting them a bit. Palisades Creek and several of its tribs are good. Upper Sheep Creek is good, as is the ridge that divides Sheep and Little Elk, and the ridge dividing Little and Big Elk. Somebody mentioned Hell Hole, definitely plenty there too. I agree with staying out of Indian, most of the goats in that drainage are in Wyoming. If you can climb into the high country and have a few days I can't imagine not getting one. I live here and see so many that I haven't been able to get the bug yet and put in for the tag. They are interesting though. I saw several this spring that were literally within rifle range (ethical, old style rifle distance that is) of the parking lot at Palisades Creek. Have a fun hunt and be careful, they can be in some nasty spots.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom