Idaho unit 73A Mule Deer

Aznative

So I apologize, yesterday I posted about unit 55. I bought a OTC tag thinking it was rifle deer. Fish and Game was great and will let me trade it in and move to unit 73A. Kind of throws me for a loop as I knew a little about 55 and nothing on 73A. I am not a road hunter but curious if anyone can tell me are the roads decent in 73A for a truck getting from point A to B etc? And is there a better part of the unit for a camp trailer as I want to scout it several times. I appreciate it and if anyone has hunted it before and has any advice Id gladly trade info of Utah or Arizona for them. Thank you much!

A, The road system is extensive. I've hunted the unit on and off for twenty years. It gets alot of pressure from the locals out of AF. We have done well to scout 4-5 days in advance and set up first morning on what we find. Sage Hen springs is a decent place to put a camp trailer.

A, The road system is extensive. I've hunted the unit on and off for twenty years. It gets alot of pressure from the locals out of AF. We have done well to scout 4-5 days in advance and set up first morning on what we find. Sage Hen springs is a decent place to put a camp trailer.
Thank you much for the info!

I've hunted that unit a handful of times when I lived in Pocatello, the last being about 5 years ago. No problem with roads through the unit, Knox canyon road that crosses over the mountain range is a well maintained road that even a car can drive on. Shouldn't have much of a problem finding a spot for a trailer but I don't think there are any areas for hookups at a campground so you'll be dry camping. East Fork of Rock Creek on the Rockland side is a great place to camp and is next to a stream, take a fishing pole with you if you go there! But even with the amount of road travel through the unit there is still plenty ridges to hike into to get away from people. Most draws and drainages with hold deer and it's best to set up and glass into drainages that lead down to the private CRP land. Hope that helps some and good luck on your hunt!

I've hunted that unit a handful of times when I lived in Pocatello, the last being about 5 years ago. No problem with roads through the unit, Knox canyon road that crosses over the mountain range is a well maintained road that even a car can drive on. Shouldn't have much of a problem finding a spot for a trailer but I don't think there are any areas for hookups at a campground so you'll be dry camping. East Fork of Rock Creek on the Rockland side is a great place to camp and is next to a stream, take a fishing pole with you if you go there! But even with the amount of road travel through the unit there is still plenty ridges to hike into to get away from people. Most draws and drainages with hold deer and it's best to set up and glass into drainages that lead down to the private CRP land. Hope that helps some and good luck on your hunt!
Helped a bunch I appreciate it. Sounds like a great unit!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom