Idaho unit54 controlled

C

Cahunter96

I just put in for that zone. So has anyone hunted it, if so how was it? Just trying to find out so general info, so no need to give up the honey hole.

Early or late?

Either way, there is lots of deer, lots of public land and lots of roads. Roads seem to be on top of the ridges and mountains. Quite a bit of desert country.

Big deer are always tough to find (thats why they are big) but there is a good deer population in that area and hunter numbers are limited by draw hunts.

I am trying to get a tag for the early season. I like hunting that high desert terrian. Do you think I would need a spotting scope, or just a good set of binos? Thanks for your help.

Spotting scope. Its almost essential. Overall its pretty open country. Even in the upper elevations the timber is in patches. It would pay very big dividends if you could make it up and scout. Even if it was just for a weekend so you can get a feel for the area and narrow it down to a couple areas. There are alot of roads in the area but hunter numbers are limited by the draws.

I am going to go up in the late summer and scout for a few days. I also have some friends that live in that area and they are going to help us out if we draw. I got a spotter and I can't wait to use it.

54 used to be a great unit. I think lions got out of hand for a while in there, but it seems the deer are slowly coming back. There is tons and tons of country in this unit. Not terribly steep either, my family has killed some very very nice bucks out of this country. We also see alot of nice one. Put your time in, and it could be a good hunt for ya.

snipersmilie.gif

one shot

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom