Idaho Whitetail Info

hikenhunt

I'm going to be straight up about the fact I'm an out of stater from Utah. I've had a lot of fun hunting mulies and elk but at close to 55 years old I'm looking for some slightly less physically demanding hunts.

I've heard that there is some good whitetail hunting (archery) in Idaho. Would anyone be willing to share some information that might help me plan a hunt next year. I have yet to harvest a deer with my bow.

I've heard that there are good areas in the panhandle ???

I'm also from Utah, I've hunted whitetail in Idaho for 10 years, but up North had a terrible winterkill this last winter, so I don't know when I'll make my another trip up there. It's a lot of fun.

huntnrich: Where did you hear such info on the winterkill? I have heard nothing of the sort. The deer numbers from what a biologist told me recently are excellent. He mentioned nothing of a major kill off. Not bashing you just curious.

I spoke with a biologist also; out of the Panhandle region. The winterkill was significant.

Abomb

We've hunted with some guys up there, and they told me they had a big winterkill. Don't trust the fish cop, He once told me about hunting a river up there, and told me it was a slow moving river and that a electric motor would be plenty to go up the river. After pulling a boat 900 miles, we put in where he told us, and we went down river. Get the picture, I question whether they really know what's going on or not.

Rich

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom