Idaho zone 27

Choffman8

I’m planning a mule deer hunt next fall and was wondering if anyone can give me any information on zone 27 in Idaho. Can a guy get into good hunting on foot or is horses the only way to go? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Yeah, tough country with low numbers. For some reason, people think that they will be farther away from people=more animals. It's been my experience that you can find places in virtually any unit ,you can find animals close, or hike as far as you want. And when I say hike as far as you want, I mean way beyond where I'd want to pull an animal out from. That means all the units without wilderness as well.

Yeah, tough country with low numbers. For some reason, people think that they will be farther away from people=more animals. It's been my experience that you can find places in virtually any unit ,you can find animals close, or hike as far as you want. And when I say hike as far as you want, I mean way beyond where I'd want to pull an animal out from. That means all the units without wilderness as well.
Whole lot of truth to that! 10 miles away from the nearest road doesn't always equal more animals. The wilderness units are a stark reminder of that.

Don't know where you're from, but I would strongly recommend against showing up in central Idaho for the first time to hunt Unit 27. It's difficult to describe how rugged and inhospitable a lot of the Frank is.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom