idahos big 3

ID_hunter27

I was wondering if anyone thinks its possible to draw all three in seven years? The reason i ask I was sitting here talking to a friend and I realized if I get my pronghorn this year those are the only big game animals I have left in Idaho to hunt and harvest and I would love to do it before I hit 30

Possible..... but not likely.
Depends on what areas you apply in, as there are easier ones to draw but the harvest sucess usually is not the best in those areas. Took me 8 years to pull my BH Sheep tag!!

Good Luck

I'm on 5 years for Mt Goat and still no tag. Why are you setting your goal for 30 yrs of age? I used to think the wall would hit me at 30 but if anything I'm more driven to hunt now at 32 than when I was 23 and I don't anticipate slowing down for quite some time. I would't worry about trying to get all three and actually four by the time your are 30. Just start applying and be greatful for when you do draw.

I'm in no rush but I figure if I can get them by 30 I should have my life good and set so I can start goin for different states and such. Just seems like a good age to shoot for also

Shot all three close to records on all three by 26. All on general hunts.

Started applying in '09; drew BH sheep that year.
Tried for moose in '10; no go.
Tried Mountain goat in '11 and drew.

Luck happens..keep trying.

I actually know someone who did exactly that...all before he was 30 I'd say he got off to FANTASTIC start.

On the other hand, I've applied for so many such tags.......of course, I'VE never drawn ANY of them.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Drew sheep, goat, and moose in back to back years. Yes, it can be done, so don't give up!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom