Ideas for elk and deer?

legacy

Very Active Member
If you wanted to hunt elk or mule deer in 2022 and had a budget of $6,000+\- what would your preferences be? Obviously I’m looking for ideas for myself. I’d like to stick to rifle hunting in Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Arizona or Nevada. Elk would be my priority but I’d also look into a deer hunt. I know $6,000 limits my options but I know there are some options out there.

Lots of great hunts in Colorado that require 0 points. I'd start there and save myself 4K... if you shop around, 6k might get you a drop camp in an awesome rag-horn unit on private. Don't get me wrong... Those can be super fun hunts.

Todd

If you’re priority is Elk, then I’d suggest doing that first. Your budget will work with these 2 caveats:
1: Draw tag or OTC Tag (No landowner tag to purchase)
2. Public land with relatively easy logistics.

The 3 variables that drive up outfitted hunts are:
1. Guaranteed or landowner tags
2. Private land access
3. Very remote country requiring extensive logistics for access (Wilderness, horseback, boats, airplanes, etc.)

I’d suggest joining Epic outdoors and calling the guys there and having them help you line up a hunt that fits your needs.

I'd look at an Idaho hunt as well. You can have a deer tag, elk tag, wolf tag, cougar tag, and a bear tag. Truly a mixed bag hunt in some of the most pristine country around.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom