Idiot Alert! Bear Sprayed my truck….

elks96

Long Time Member
Well hell. It has been a long time since I did something really stupid. So I guess I might have been over due? Monday night we went fishing in bear country, had our spray etc. had a good time found a couple awesome fish (released them all).

So last evening about 8:00 I go out and decide to give my interior a good clean. As I was pulling all the stuff out of the doors behind the seat etc. I go to let the back seat fold down. Normally I use 2 hands and go down slow. But since I had stuff in my hand I let the seat go… As soon as the seat hit bottom HHHHHHSssss… I look down and see orange soda spraying… then working a split second I realize it was no orange soda but it was burning like hell and bear spray.

I will say this, Marathon Seat Covers are freaking awesome and Weather Tech flor liners are kick butt as well. In the end about 90% of the spray ended up on the seat cover and the floor liner.

After about 3 hours last night I had it pretty much cleaned up. Seat covers into the wash machine and the mats to the power washers. It will take some more time to get it all better…

I will admit, I am not sure if I ruptured the cannot damaged the spray nozzle. Either way it sucked, hours of burning nose, eyes and skin…

EA1B8602-9650-4BFC-8DB5-1E9A3F31609A.png

AD4CB6C1-3BC8-45F8-A9CE-18AA5BB1C3BF.jpeg

1A9CC243-5278-4A09-8F21-59B8428F9864.jpeg

BDFCD37D-7ECE-4502-85F0-81777AB01037.jpeg

85E9C832-A94F-44CC-A194-FA5B2242A46D.png

Last edited:
Carry a pistol in bear country.?

How did the fishing go in cody? Ya try the lakes i told ya about?

Haha atheist it didn't go right into your face or nothing! Lucky a bear wasn't around, I'm sure you woulda been nice and seasoned for him!

Carry a pistol in bear country.?

How did the fishing go in cody? Ya try the lakes i told ya about?
I carry my pistol but my son wife and daughter all carry spray. I am hoping to get the proficient with a pistol lol.

We ended up hitting the East and West seton Lake one morning. East was impossible due to all the weeds. We caught a few small cuts on East, but by 10 there were a ton of people there swimming etc.

We did some exploration and went up sunlight basin, then over to Clark’s fork and up to Beartooth lake and lily lake. Nothing amazing for fishing Jill but we caught several and really liked seeing new country…

I think its a lot more effective on humans than bears! I remember a TV show a few years back, with Jim Burnworth bowhunting Sitka blacktail on Kodiak. A bear charged them, and the cameraman dumped his can of bear spray - unfortunately, the wind was directly at Burnworth instead of the bear, and he got douched good. Hard to run away from a bear, when you're blind and crying!!!

Oh man!
That bites!
Thanks for sharing the mishap. It got me laughing and equally feeling bad for you at the same time.

We all have those moments. They are usually proceeded by a thought of "It'll be OK just this once."

Nice fishing, and glad you got the smell out.

My buddy had cold years back. Middle of the night he grabbed his nasal spray from the night stand to open up his sinuses. Only problem was, he had his buck lure on the same night stand!!! Just did 1 nostril!!

Ok, that one deserves a little more detail. If it’s good, I’ll tell you about the time I got sprayed in the mouth by a skunk.:sick:
It's nothing too exciting. Happened as a cadet in a LE academy. Required you to get sprayed and then work through a few tasks while dealing with the effects. Some cadets weren't affected much...others were screaming like someone cut off their arm! One of the worst parts about it is when you shower later in the day. It gets reignited in your eyes and runs down to your lower "parts!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom