Idling Diesel Truck

Do you regularly leave your truck idling in the parking lot while you run a quick errand?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Black Smoke Matters!

The Obama BS Smog Control on Diesel Engines is a F'N JOKE!

Do Something To Make Them More Efficient/Cleaner Burning Rather than the STUPID F'N BS Way with the Obama Juice of today!

If it's Below Zero around Here You're gonna See Lots of Idling Diesels!

You'd really be Unhappy around the Oil Field grizzly!

There are many around here that Run/Idle their Diesels all Day no matter what the Weather is!

You Gonna Clean the World Up grizzly?

I can’t even use the remote start anymore because the battery in my key went dead. But, the way I got it figgered, 1 trip to walmart = 1000 times thru the cold and snow.

Mine idles for several hours almost daily. Some days 10+ hours. 2020 Powerstroke not deleted. No issues, but it sure stinks when it re-gens.

And There's My Point Exactly!

So?

Is it better to Put just a little in the Air Slowly?

Or a Whole Bunch all at Once Diluted in Obama Juice?

Mine idles for several hours almost daily. Some days 10+ hours. 2020 Powerstroke not deleted. No issues, but it sure stinks when it re-gens.

When I was a young project manager all full of pi$$ and vinegar, I used to idle my shiny new 6.9 powersmoke right in the middle of the jobsite. The goal in Phx was to see if you could get it cold enough to cause frost on the windshield.

I never shut mine off. You could die down there.

Go to 6:30 for just the chemistry part

Cummins says motors with SCR (DEF) get 5% better fuel economy

Ford says to not idle for extended periods in the Owners Manual and publishes updated maintenance schedule for those that do.

I change the oil every 10k miles and fuel filter every 20-25k. I usually put 75-80k miles a year on these Powerstrokes and trade every year. Since 2015, I have not had one in the shop for anything other than a bad trailer harness and 1 bad camera in front. I will not bother reading Ford’s recommendations.

I change the oil every 10k miles and fuel filter every 20-25k. I usually put 75-80k miles a year on these Powerstrokes and trade every year. Since 2015, I have not had one in the shop for anything other than a bad trailer harness and 1 bad camera in front. I will not bother reading Ford’s recommendations.
You don't need to sell me on the Powerstroke. Mine's not my daily driver and has a trailer behind for probably 90% of it's miles.

20210317_101740.jpg

I've had several Powerstroke's and never had one in the shop other than oil change and fuel filters. I've even got a '22 on order.

But I've never felt the need to let it idle for fun. Just wondering what the reason is that people do it... and I'm not talking the few days a year when it's -30 outside (though I've hunted in that several times and still never had issues with it restarting).

You don't need to sell me on the Powerstroke. Mine's not my daily driver and has a trailer behind for probably 90% of it's miles.

View attachment 37458

I've had several Powerstroke's and never had one in the shop other than oil change and fuel filters. I've even got a '22 on order.

But I've never felt the need to let it idle for fun. Just wondering what the reason is that people do it... and I'm not talking the few days a year when it's -30 outside (though I've hunted in that several times and still never had issues with it restarting).
Nice looking setup.
I only leave mine idling unattended when its 100+ here in Texas. If it’s idling at work, it’s because I am in it and using it for Wifi or to get out of the elements. O&G industry and rarely does everything stay on schedule so we spend alot of time parked on location during ops or waiting on equipment.

Try ordering fast food in a tuned, straight piped cummins!

You ain’t gettin’ what you ordered!
[/QUOTE]

I am only laughing cause that's me

If I'm cruising across country I shut her down at the end of the day. Starting a diesel is one of the hardest things on them. We used too until we encountered issues with battery life, starters, fly wheels, glow plug control modules, alternators. We are a diesel family (dad, brothers, and even sisters) that not only drive them but also professional mechanics and OTR drivers, . The crap added to the modern diesels are there due to policy. Take all that crap off, add some modern machine shop technology, transmissions gears, rear ends, and you'll exceed emission standards when doing pound for pound emissions vs mpg then add in cost to manufacture and maintain all the add on crap. Even now, the only way the new gas vehicles can make emissions is by shutting off at a stop light then restarting when you hit the gas peddle. Older original and now newly added parts wearout quicker adding what to the overall life cost and green house emissions to manufacture and maintenance them. Right out of the dealership ya delete that, delete this, delete, delete, delete right away but ya still gotta pay for it from the factory for all the EPA add on crap. SMH. And yet we soak it up with a big thumbs up ? proclaiming "good job".

Tailchasers said perfect. I dont see a need to shut my diesel off when i run into a store for a minute. Less abuse on the starter. Now if i run into a store to where i cant see my truck I will shut it off. We had a spell of indians coming from Montana and targeting people that left their vechicles running then taking them back to the res and just trash them

Cummins says motors with SCR (DEF) get 5% better fuel econom
And I Guess People Believe this BS?

Been Several Ranchers burn Hay Stacks down around here due to the Diesel Engine doing an Obama Burn just as they were backing in to the Stack!

View attachment 37458

Are you sure thats nor an Overloadsmobile? :oops:

Cummins says motors with SCR (DEF) get 5% better fuel economy

Ford says to not idle for extended periods in the Owners Manual and publishes updated maintenance schedule for those that do.

You can get 25% better fuel mileage by not mashing the pedal on every hill and at every green light.

BLooD Runs one of the Noisiest Diesels ever Built!

But Reliable & Excellent Fuel Mileage!

JUDAS Them Things are LOUD!:D

Dude down the road has a straight piped dodge. It has to get closer before I can tell if it’s not one of the neighbors out cruising his Johnny popper. :rolleyes:

BLooD Runs one of the Noisiest Diesels ever Built!

But Reliable & Excellent Fuel Mileage!

JUDAS Them Things are LOUD!:D
Yep! Owned it since it came off the lot!

Never seen a check engine light on that ole' truck!

Never has left me stranded!

Louder the better!

I like to know what's going on under the hood and the noise is a good indicator!

My only complaint is not straight piping it sooner!

Hey BLooD!

I Talked with Ms BLooD!

And She Said She could Always hear You Cummin!:D

Yep! Owned it since it came off the lot!

Never seen a check engine light on that ole' truck!

Never has left me stranded!

Louder the better!

I like to know what's going on under the hood and the noise is a good indicator!

My only complaint is not straight piping it sooner!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom