If you can't beat them join them, TFinal this one is for you

caelkhnter

Very Active Member
As a conservative, I wish to congratulate Democrats for their success in capturing control of the House and possibly now even the Senate. Of course, I would be remiss if I forgot to mention many others who are obviously elated over the Democrats' success. They include: Hamas, Al Queda, Islamic terrorists in general, Iran, North Korea, Hugo Chavez, the French and other Western European wussies, welfare queens and other dependent slackers, homosexual activists, abortion enthusiasts, illegal aliens, the "Air [anti] America" crowd, Jesse Jackson and other race and poverty pimps, the ACLU, anti-Christian secularists, Marxist professors (are there any other kind nowadays?), Hollywood degenerates and union slugs and thugs. Nancy Pelosi is just the political leader to appease this motley crew.

Its been reported that al-jazeera is already reporting what a vitctory it is that the dems won. They are happier than a 4 year old at Christmas.

It's Bush's fault!!!

I hope all you folks voted.....
I did!
so if you did feel free to voice if not please don't!
the dems give me the runs!(I better get used to it!)
I got to go...............
rm

You forgot one group that is probably elated as well the democratic majority that has tried to change the course of this country by exercising their right to vote.

Nuff said Husker - nuff said!

You've got to realize that these groups look at the USA through their own jaded eyes - eyes of hatred. Their political opponents are their enemies. That's why the sectarian violence is flourishing in Iraq. They don't realize that the democrats are our neighbors, relatives, friends, countrymen. They see the democrats and republicans as mortal enemies to each other and hope that we will kill each other off. Say what you want to say about our differences - at the end of the day we are all united as Americans who want to keep and preserve our liberties and our way of life. On Tuesday we vote differently but on Friday nights we all take our hats off, put our hands over our hearts and sing our national anthem with one voice. And for those few minutes - no one cares whether the person standing beside him is Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative. We're just Americans - and we don't have Democrat death squads running around our streets at night cutting the throats of their Republican enemies.

Our kids play on the same ball teams, we shop at the same supermarkets, we go to the same church, our wives share recipes and scrapbooking ideas and no one cares about each other's political opinions. Our son's share the same foxhole, just like our dad's and grandpa's did. Sure we have differences but we don't let it grind our society to a halt like Al-Queda and Al-jazeera thinks it will (because that's the way they handle it in their countries)

We may think that there are different ways to handle different problems and situations but in the end we all trust that our elected officials will do what they will take an oath to do - defend the US constitution and represent THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE.

THE STRENGTH OF OUR GREAT NATION LIES IN OUR UNITY - NOT IN THE STRENGTH OR WEAKNESS OF OUR POLITICAL SYSTEM NOR OUR INDIVIDUAL PARTIES. Call me naive but I still believe that ours is a government by the people and for the people. I still believe that we are a great nation with freedoms, liberties and priveleges the rest of the oppressed world cannot comprehend. We live in troubled times and as a result we face many problems and trials - but we are strong enough as a nation to weather the storm. Good will triumph over evil in the end. I trust in that! I believe in that! That's what makes us the greatest nation on the face of the earth.

We're OK - and we will continue to be OK.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-08-06 AT 10:13PM (MST)[p]Why didn't your party of moral fiber win ? Ask yourselves that before you start name calling or whining like little girls. Matter of fact your stoic party of moral fiber lost Rummy today and I suspect more are to follow, why is that?

States that were solid red states in the past switched parties and the Dem's won. How and why that happened is the real question you need to answer.

Bottom line is; The american voters spoke last night and they needed a change. If your party were doing its job it would have been a shoe in. You people need to remove your heads from your rectum, grow up a little bit, see someone elses point of view for a change.

There is a world outside of Redneckistan fellas.

Redneckistan? Hey now, that good right there. Did you make that up? Our mascot can be a charicature of man, bent over at the back a bit, working to feed our families as honestly as we can.

I think we need an equally sophomoric name for you bed-wetting liberals. Hmmmm....let me think....Got it! The Eunichsville Geldings! Your mascot could be a Jackass bashfully covering its emasculated nether regions.

And whining? Lord but we have learned from the best! Its funny that now that the dems have won, there is a suspicious lack of bellyaching going on about voter fraud, hanging chads, fear-mongering at the polls, etc. But before yesterday, us low-brow redneckistans had to tolerate lawsuits, handwringing, recount after recount after recount. Then the fillibusters and more fillibusters. But y'all are winners now, so the voting methods work. ROTFLMAO!

Hey, seriously. Give us time. We'll quit crying pretty soon. Probably quicker than any dem that lost by less than 20% ever did.

I liked when Pelosi said now she is ready for bi-partisan politics and how they will work together to get things straightened out. Now that they won, they will agree to work together? Where was the by-partisanship before? I know, that's because the repubs wouldn't let them. If they wouldn't have showed so much resentment for the war,our troops and the people of this country maybe things would have been better.
The dems lost the house and senate last time because they campaigned on their anti-gun agenda. This time they left that out and campaigned heavily on the war. Now that they are in, they will push the anti-gun, anti-Second Amendment to it's fullest.
I believe the dems anti-gun agenda is considerably stronger than any other. I can't wait to see what goes on behind closed doors and how many anti-gun laws they will try to pass. Let's wait and see. And I'd better not hear anyone busting the chops of the NRA. They have done plenty for us who belive in the Second Amendment and I have supported them for a long time.
Sound like I'm whining? You bet. When it comes to my 2-A rights, I will whine all day long.
I just hope President Bush keeps his balls together and vetos's any anti-gun legislation that crosses his desk over the next two years.

"RKBA....ALL THINGS CONSIDERED"

Yes the dems won. Big deal. They wont do any better. They barely won. You guys are talking like they blew the republicans out of the water. These races were way to close to claim something like that. The dems have power, but not an overwhelming majority. So yes you can say the American people spoke on Tuesday, and said they wanted a new direction, but they almost didn't. But like someone said on the radio yesterday, the dems and republicans will take these results to extremes (dems thinking they blew republicans out, bodyslam, etc., etc.). The dems won, good for you, know lets see if anything gets done. They all claim they know whats best for us, lets see it.

It's Bush's fault!!!

I think you understate what happened, the dems held their seats and TOOK all those seats from republicans. it was a near shut out, then Rumsfeld who was never ever ever going anywhere ran off like a scared rabbit. if the dems work with Bush as they say they will it will be a fantastic thing for this country. you should be thankful now Rush will really have something to cry about and with the dems in charge you can blame them for something they actually did for a change. don't worry the dems will play it safe until they get the whitehouse in '08, then you might be justified with your paranoid crying after that.

sreminimemimeimeiniminem,

You still talk like this is your first election. How old are you again? The elections were close in numbers but the reps took a "thumpin" as Bush would say. You know what you get for coming in second don't you? You get to go home.

If Bush would have listened to the polls and made some minor adjustments then the reps would have won. I don't doubt nothing gets done but more bickering but at least we might not have a war, the growing defecit, ridiculous gas prices, public lands sold off, and other things shoved down our throat. Maybe both sides are learning what we will and will not tolerate. They are all slow learners but we can hope for the best. A third party is in order.

Damn! You guys need to get off your tough guy high horse and read what some of us are saying. You still have that pissed off attitude that we are all whining and crying like a bunch of babies. If thats what you want to believe, more power to you. You won the election, yet thats not enough for you.

You might want to recheck those numbers ziggy, the deficit is LOWERING, and gas prices have come DOWN. But I guess you can't talk about gas prices to someone who thinks its the governments fault for raising the prices. As we all know, they have the special button to push to determine when they go up or down.

It's Bush's fault!!!

You're right winning the house and senate is enough it's just the dooms day attitude you guy's have com'on. you have to cut us a little slack over this after 6 years of being called America hating traitors it's just a little hard not to seek a little revenge now that the tide has turned. some nerves are still a little raw but it'll get better.

I've never said dooms day is coming. I know there has been some that have said that and think that. The only thing I have said is there will not be much done in the next 2 years. Its not just the dems who are not going to get anything done, its everybody. You have every reason and right to gloat. I'd do it too. But to still sit here and talk trash about the republicans and what they didn't do, after the dems one, is a little rediculous. If the dems decide they can change things, and change them for the good, then you can come back and trash the republicans all you want and say what whiny little babies we are (although the dems have been whining on here for the past couple months), and how we didn't do anything. But until the dems prove themselves, they are currently no better. We all know how politicians like to make promises to get elected then don't do anything. And it happens in both parties.

Several on here have said there needs to be a third party. Well I propose the MCACS party!!! Middle Class America Common Sense party. Lets "Git-R-Done!!!!!!

It's Bush's fault!!!

Zigga. A leader leads and does not go with what some stupid pole says. Poles are usually wrong anyway.

Look what happened is called the 6 year ithch. The same thing that just happened to Bush happened to FDR, Eisenhower, John Kennedy/Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon/Gerald Ford, and Reagan. The average loss for the president's party in those five elections was 53 House seats and seven Senate seats, huge numbers when compared to almost any election.

What really needs to happen is all of the republican polititions in Washington need to take a good look in the mirror. They need to remember who they are and why they came to Washington in the first place.
As a die hard conservative I think that most of them have lost their way...they needed a wakeup call, and they got it. Lets hope they wake up, get the message and go back to the conservative adgenda.

This could work out well, everyone has to comprimise now and what's wrong with that? if they don't get anything done what's wrong with that? ask yourself how many times the government has taken action that you turned out better off? anything that does get done will be well hashed over you can bet on that.

Huntindude,
Are you serious? "if they don't get anything done what's wrong with that?"
Your the person that has been saying EVERYTHING SUCKS, now you are ok with "nothing getting done" Your joking right?

I think what you are really saying is: The Democrats really do not have any ideas on how to fix anything, and do not blame them when we are at this same point in 2 years.
Believe me I am ok with No change, but your flop stuns me.

I am shocked that someone who has been so adamant about the Country needing a change can quickly say" I'm ok with the status quo.

What's the problem? are you telling me you want the dems to have their way with the country? I don't want either party with full control we tried that and it didn't work. I didn't say I wanted the country to do anything in particular I just wanted it to STOP doing STUPID things. if the dems do anything you'll cry and if they don't you'll cry, it's a no win situation. we will see a pull back on Iraq and with Bush's wings clipped maybe progress can be made with some of the other problems but to expect miracles from the dems would be unfair, it takes longer to clean up a mess than to make it.

and our troops are cleaning up the mess clinton left with oshoma right now. just wish everyone would support what they and bush are doing.
if there is anymore terrorist attacks do we get to blaime nacey.
hope the dems come up with a way to win the war not take the french's way out.
then i might be glad they came out ahead. if they back out i'll be hanging my head about being amarican just like when carter was pres. national self esteem was at a all time low.
reagen made us all the proud amaricans we are by winning a war that went on much longer and cost much more than this little war we have now. reagen won without fireing a shot.
lets see the libs talk the terrorists into giving up. then we can marry men and hug tree's but don't walk into the forest or build anything more on the earth. we can all eat grass because the bad farmers use pestacides and fertalize the ground. all other living creatures have more right to live then humans.
park your cars and turn off the power plants.
i guess we can't all live in there ideal world so lets kill off any man who made more money than is nessasary to serviveand let the ones who refuse to work or do anything to better there situation take over the world

Why does everyone expect a quick and painless answer to the war from the dems? Bush has had 4 years and it's a mess, there are no great answers so forget it.

Huntindude;

You and I have disagreed alot in these back and forth posts, but this time I have to agree with you. The Dems or anyone else will not be able to take care of this problem overnight. It will be drawn out as our own revolution was over several years. It will still take several years with everything being done right. We just need to give it a fair chance, and not bog down our troops in a futile fight that is not going the way it should.
Iraq has to step up to the plate and give 100% to this fight to maintain their freedoms, if their leaders are unable to do this, their own people will not put their lives on the line and we will have to just get out and let them kill each other when Iran steps in.
I do not believe fighting a conventional war will get the job done at this point. It has to be done with the support of the local people and killing them in conventional war will not get them on our side.
I think we need more input by unconventional warfare experts to a final solution, instead of allowing our generals to continue the fight as they did when they whipped sadaam's army. We are no longer fighting persons in uniform, they have melted into the local population. To root them out, we have to have the locals being willing to be the eyes and ears and give up that information to root out the insurgents. it may be hard when it comes to religious sects telling on their own.

RELH

I agree with that RELH but how do you get past the sectarian issue? look at what happened here Tuesday, many of you Bush supporters are not happy and you gripe about what happened but none of you grabbed your guns and started a cival war. just as those of us who don't like Bush gripe but nobody tried to kill him. imagine what would have happened in Iraq with such a turn of events,I just don't think they'll ever be like us no matter what . then the people can't trust their own military or police because they don't know which religion the officer is who might confront them. he might arrest them, give them a pat on the back or blow their head off for any reason. I think you're on the right track but I just don't know how you work with people of this mind set or get them to work together, I don't think any amount of force or reason will overcome their hatred.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom