If you interested in Wyo.bison.

Anybody ever hear what the G&F decided? I think I heard somewhere they are planning on issuing another 200 or so tags again this year. But I just wondered if the new management plan was passed. It seems to me that they may need to institute a provision to allow a person who harvested a buffalo to wait 5 years, then again be eligible to apply. As it is now with being once in a lifetime, and at the rate they are now issuing permits, down the road there may not be very many people able to apply (residents anyway). To reach their goal in 2011 they will have issued probably close to 1000 permits by then, and then 90 per year every year after. I guess I am not entirely certain how many residents apply, but I didn't think it is much more than about 2500. Then again maybe I am entirely wrong on this issue.

I've heard rummor that at some point way down the road they mite change the lifetime restriction, but time will tell and things move real slow in Cheyenne.
I've killed my bull so I'd take a cow on a reduced price tag if they sell me one.
IT will take a while to get caught up on bull tags but cows will be EZ after last year. Problem with the cows is you may have to spend a lot of time in Jackson waiting on them to move to were you can shoot them

last year it was mid May. I remmber I knew my number before I put in for deer and antelope

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom