Ignition???

W

Wingshooter

Hello.
This is my first post on the M.L. forum. I have a question that I hope someone could answer for me. I am looking into getting a T.C. Black Diamond. I need to clarify what type of ignition it uses. I plan to use it in Oregon, and the regs call for an open ignition. Does anyone know if this is the case with the Black Diamond? I e-mailed T.C. and they said it wasn't weather proof. I don't think that answered the question.

Thanks.

Wingshooter

Wingshooter: The Black Diamond is a closed breech and DOES NOT HAVE AN OPEN IGNITION, thereby would be illegal in Oregon!!

Thanks. Any suggestions? I'd like to stick with an inline since that's what that I am comfortable with.

Wingshooter: Take a look at the Knights, the Whites, or the Austin & Hallecks.

wingshooter i purchaced a t/c black diamond and i would consider it to have an open breech . the nipple is fully exposed when it is in the fire position . and depending on the state you hunt in you can use either the 209, #11 or musket cap for ignition .i am hunting idaho this year and they require an open breech , i e maile them and they said my blackdiamond would be ok to use there the only restriction was that i use the musket cap or #11 because the 209 primer is illegal .i took my first buck this year with a .50 cal black diamond xr . using 125 gr of ffg triple seven powder and a harvester sabot with the 240gr hornady xtp bullet , and a musket cap for ignition . this combination worked exceptionally well for me , the buck went straight to the ground !!! he was about 85 yards away , i sighted my gun in about 3" high at 100 yds so im right on out to about 200 , i wouldnt consider shooting over this distance because you dont have the energy and it is just along shot with open sights .hope this helps you out . tom

It's my understanding that the Black Diamond is an open breech and has open ignition. Don't think the Encore or Omega would qualify but don't see a problem with the Black Diamond if the Knight is legal.

Thanks Sheephunter and Big Tom,

You are right, it is legal in Oregon. On the opinion of Bluelk I almost passed up the B.D. But it is in fact an open breech. He doesn't like T.C. does he? Thanks again.....Christian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom