IL Duck Blind Allocation Draw

joesikora

Long Time Member
Tomorrow here in IL is our 3 year allocation for IL State ducks blinds, so to improve the odds of drawing a blind we get non hunters to put in the draw for the hunters trying to get the blinds. My mother in law drew last time my brother in law drew several years ago. This time I bought 9 hunting license and IL Duck Stamps for friends and family to help get us a blind. When my mother in law drew there’s was 5,999 people drawing for a few hundred blinds, I never draw or win auctions at the DU and RMEF Banquets around here but no worries I’ve got a great track record of drawing big game tags out West with you all I’ll take that any day over eating ducks! LOL!

Good luck to everyone drawing where ever

One of my gang was pulled 17th out of the hat so it will be a good weekend blind and a weather blind for when the birds are on their way down from up North but not an hunt everyday blind, which will work great for me!

I can’t imagine the skill set for one of these

AD8F13DD-ADCB-4B98-AE94-F72F05739399.jpeg

Not all of us are nearly as accomplished as you are. But most people who are sure as hell wouldn’t brag about turkeys ? lmmfao

First half a dozen I shot I just snuck up on em and shot em. There's a reason they were almost extinct.
I think that has more to do with the fact that years ago there was unregulated market hunting as well as loss of habitat. In 1890 there were estimated 390,000 whitetails in the US, now there are15,000,000.

Look what's happening to the mule deer population right now with loss of habitat and regulated hunting.

A lot of states have had to repopulate big game species that were hunted to extinction in those areas.

The first half dozen deer I shot in Colorado I snuck up on and shot em, and that was with a bow and arrow.

Yea that’s kind of what monster muleys is about, I can see how something that simple could confuse you. Carry on you Jake slayin badass
Not only do you think a 165 buck is big, you can’t identify the difference between a Jake or a tom. And here I thought I was having a discussion with a somewhat knowledgeable hunter. My mistake. Carry on participation trophy finder.

Yea do some Google searches of muledeer, it might clear up some questions of what people are talking about here

Yea do some Google searches of muledeer, it might clear up some questions of what people are talking about here
You should heed your own advice. This thread is talking about ducks and blind draws here. The title should give that away. You’re the one who went off topic about turkeys. But you don’t strike me as the brightest crayon in the box, so I’ll let it slide this time. Keep trying. You’ll do better next time, I’m sure.

Last edited:
You may be right Jake slayer, I just couldn’t pass up on the chance to make fun of you. ?

I think that has more to do with the fact that years ago there was unregulated market hunting as well as loss of habitat. In 1890 there were estimated 390,000 whitetails in the US, now there are15,000,000.

Look what's happening to the mule deer population right now with loss of habitat and regulated hunting.

A lot of states have had to repopulate big game species that were hunted to extinction in those areas.

The first half dozen deer I shot in Colorado I snuck up on and shot em, and that was with a bow and arrow.

I just don't think they're the world's brightest bird as some would have us believe. Do you know when you order turkey chick's they recommend ordering some chicken chick's with them, to teach them where the food and water is and how to eat and drink?

Turkeys are definately dumb ive killed a dozen or so a few with a bow and all i e ever done is walk up and shoot em. I killed my own rooster one time and it was definately a harder hunt in my own backyard

Reasons why shed hunting is harder and more fun then turkey hunting.
1. Cant go out with a hoot owl call to locate sheds.
2. Ive never walked more then 300 yards to kill a Turkey. I average about 7 miles a day shed hunting.
3. Sheds dont fly up in trees at night to show everyone exactly where they will be the next day.

Last edited:
I just don't think they're the world's brightest bird as some would have us believe. Do you know when you order turkey chick's they recommend ordering some chicken chick's with them, to teach them where the food and water is and how to eat and drink?
I think every bird or animal including humans have to be taught to eat and drink by a mother. I work for a man who manages his land for hunting and he buys pheasant chicks and we have to teach them them the same thing. He's got a big pen that's full of weeds and grass that has a small room on one end and by teach I mean we have to keep them locked in there for several days with food in the feeders as well as on the cement floor and 6 big pans of water. If we let them out in the main pen as soon as we get them some will wander around and starve or thirst to death.

I think your right about their intelligence, after all, I've got 30 minutes of video of one trying to breed one of my hen decoys.:D

Intelligence is simply a relative term we use to describe a bird or animals inter action with humans.
Animals and birds learn by trial and error just like we do, the more they inter act with hunters and hunter methods the smarter they get or they die. Pressured and unpressured birds or animals are 2 different things.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, my point is people post pictures on here to share an accomplishment of something they got enjoyment from. Life is short, lots of unhappy things, war, death, sickness, divorce, children going off the deep end, loss of job, political upheaval, etc. etc. etc.

So when somebody posts, I'm going to congratulate and tell them good job. I don't care if he or she shot a deer at 2 or 2000 yards or a turkey at 6 or 60 yards, if it's a fork horn or 250 inch 4 point I'm going to acknowledge the accomplishment.

One thing I highly value about you DW and some others on here is your positive responses to my pictures and posts.

12pointer perhaps you took my op in a way it wasn't intended. When "Dik Beaters" started in on puffing his chest, I simply implied killing a wild turkey wasn't the accomplishment he portrayed it as. I'll always post a congratulatory on a pic, no matter the species or score, especially when it's a young hunter! That's why most of us come here, to see the pics and hear the stories, and from time to time to share information. "Dik Beaters" is just a blowhard. He probably doesn't even know what Delta Bravo stands for, he just picked it up off his Playstation. This post was originally about duck blinds in Illinois.

Last edited:
12pointer perhaps you took my op in a way it wasn't intended. When "Dik Beaters" started in on puffing his chest, I simply implied killing a wild turkey wasn't the accomplishment he portrayed it as. I'll always post a congratulatory on a pic, no matter the species or score, especially when it's a young hunter! That's why most of us come here, to see the pics and hear the stories, and from time to time to share information. "Dik Beaters" is just a blowhard. He probably doesn't even know what Delta Bravo stands for, he just picked it up off his Playstation. This post was originally about duck blinds in Illinois.
Yes I understand, I usually try to ignore those types. I've found that there is a group of people that never got over their 3 year old me myself and I mentality and can't be changed, they thrive on getting attention, even if it's bad.

I have to admit though that some of the answers you give to those types are pretty funny.:D

What in the h&ll just happened? I put a post up about how hard it is to draw a duck blind in my neck of the woods then it turns into a pissing match about sheds, turkey and whitetail deer?
I know I have been guilty of getting of topic on someone else’s post but I never started attacking my fellow hunters! Common guys were all better than that!

Joe

No Problem Thanks Pointer!
When I was young I was told
It takes a true man to apologize
You are differently in that category!

Your friend Joe

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom