IM GOIN TO COLORADO IN 4 DAYS

Y

yooper_86

jus tthought id let you guys know, im goin to colorado in 4 days for my first muledeer hunt, im so excited. ive been on here before a few times for some information. but all i really wanted to say is that im a first timer and im excited so any and all info would be a help. i am pretty sure i have everything all together im jus tlooking for last minute pointers and bits of advice. thank you

I'm leaving tommorrow (the 15th) a little advice....don't shoot the first buck you see.

I'm leavin for Utah Thursday for the rifle hunt, gunna give it my all.

Last minute tips;

Scouting; Don't walk in to the area you're going to hunt...instead, get up high and glass it from a distance.

Bring plenty of H20 and take compass readings. Nothing like being dehydrated and or lost (big time no-nos).

Walk softly and glass often.

Don't make any quick movements. Deers eyes are attracted by movement. Stay downwind or crosswind. Keep the sun to your back best that you can.

Don't skyline yourself on a ridge. You can be seen MILES away if you're walking on the top of a ridge. Cracks me up when I see guys do that (course I NEVER EVER did that when I first started...honest).

Go in deep and go in early on opening day. And don't think that deer just walk around early am.....I've shot a couple late (after 10am) morning.

KNOW what's BEHIND your target when you shoot. Don't shoot at a deer on a ridge, bullets can travel for miles, especially ones that don't get slowed down by the animal...

Enjoy the experience, and learn new stuff and new skills. Don't be discouraged if you don't tag out, either. Go for the hunt and the beauty of the outdoors. Aspens should be turnin, it should be a beautiful time for you up there.

Good luck and hunt safe.

I'm headed to CO Thursday for buck and bull. Good luck to you all, Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom