Import ammo banned ?

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
Did he do that ? I better get some more stockpile....mandated vaccine now too.
I haven't seen if the ammo ban is fact.

I'm not too knowledgeable about ammo so I'm glad it was junky ammo. I still need some primers and powder but I'm fairly stocked on loaded ammo.

That’s not true...and certainly not the point?
Certainly not the point. When the storm troopers are bearing down on you it’s quantity not quality anyway. I bought several thousand rounds and a pile of mags for my AK when they instated the houseplant into office.

Russia IS NOT our friend. Except for the ammo manufacturers I guess.

Well Comrades, here‘s a good example of swallowing the hook. Careful :ROFLMAO:

If this thread was about how bad protectionist trade policies are, sorry I missed the point. But f’k Russia. (y)

Just curious that it’s a key ingredient of the 2nd Amendent concept but then I suppose you would have the right to respond with, “really, Captain Obvious.”

I think we’re generally on the same side Bluehair, or I’ve miss read you for a long time.

Last edited:
Russia IS NOT our friend. Except for the ammo manufacturers I guess.

Well Comrades, here‘s a good example of swallowing the hook. Careful :ROFLMAO:

If this thread was about how bad protectionist trade policies are, sorry I missed the point. But f’k Russia. (y)

I totally agree with you.....

Our state department did this to f$%# us....not Russia

I bought 5,000 rounds of .22 made in Russia back in the early 90's...less than a penny a piece. Heavy wax coating on the steel cases that gums up any kind of repeating .22, even single shots. About every 5th one has about half the powder of the others.

Biggest piece of chit ammo ever. I've still got a few thousand left and I try to pawn them off on the unsuspecting.

I always give folks a brick...haven't had one person ask for another yet.

Banning that chit from the US is an act of kindness.

I may have to go back to .22 LR for deer hunting. Oh well.
I’ve treatened to start at LLC. titled “Oh Well Corporation”. Seems there’s quite a following with line of thinking these days.

Would you be interested in a nice tee shirt, eel? Or a hat? (No flattys, they wouldn’t understand). Maybe a flag for senior citizen gatherings, Republican rally’s, divorce court hearings, stock market adjustments, current Covid hospital gowns, and a few thousand other special occasions.

I totally agree with you.....

Our state department did this to f$%# us....not Russia
I believe the russian meme machine has targeted the American gun nuts. And why wouldn’t they?

And as a bonus, the POTUS gets to stick his thumb in the eye of sportsmen. Never mind that this will have virtually no effect on 99% of shooters.

I’m going to have to take some time away from the keyboard. Thats two posts in one day from Buzz that I agree with.

I believe the russian meme machine has targeted the American gun nuts. And why wouldn’t they?

And as a bonus, the POTUS gets to stick his thumb in the eye of sportsmen. Never mind that this will have virtually no effect on 99% of shooters.

I’m going to have to take some time away from the keyboard. Thats two posts in one day from Buzz that I agree with.
At a boy Blue, don’t worry about the dirty dishes, you can wash’em when ya feel better.... (credit eelgrass, 2012)

At a boy Blue, don’t worry about the dirty dishes, you can wash’em when ya feel better.... (credit eelgrass, 2012)
My dad.....didn't wash dishes at his cowcamp in the mountains. He wiped them down and put them back in the fridge.

I have to admit.....the only russian ammo I've used is wolf steel cased 7.62x39.....through an AK...and they ran flawlessly.....they are made for each other.

Wolf primers are top shelf....

I have to admit.....the only russian ammo I've used is wolf steel cased 7.62x39.....through an AK...and they ran flawlessly.....they are made for each other.

Wolf primers are top shelf....
It's OK to some people our dipshit administration does things like this. Especially if they don't use the product or have had a bad experience with it. mtmuley

Today was a GREAT day. I was smack in the middle of all my neighborhood bucks all morning. Didn’t even pop a cap. I may have to forfeit my man card. :cool:

Today was a GREAT day. I was smack in the middle of all my neighborhood bucks all morning. Didn’t even pop a cap. I may have to forfeit my man card. :cool:
I came to full draw on a 3X3 yesterday at about 9 yards. Then I came to my senses and I just couldn't do it. They better open up the National Forest on the 18th because my patience is wearing thin.

Our Republic does not depend on Russian ammunition. So what do you think the point of banning it really is? mtmuley
Because their ammo is a pile of chit...We should sue the Russian Government for false advertising.

This chit isn't even worth $40/5000 which is what I was ripped off for in 1996.

Damn joke...

IMG_20210912_155245284.jpg

Our Republic does not depend on Russian ammunition. So what do you think the point of banning it really is? mtmuley
Fair question, and I don’t know enough about the trade issue to make a stand. But, capitalism depends on fair markets. Not something russia is know for.

I see two things here. First, because Biden did it, it’s bad. That’s a sentiment I completely understand, and I don’t expect anything good to EVER come out of this administration.

Second, because it’s ammo (my ox got gored) it’s bad. This is what I’m not ready to agree with. I hope that it’s just incidental to a larger trade strategy (a la Trump/China).

I don’t care because I’m no more likely to buy russian crap than I am chi-com crap. But I wouldn’t put it past this administration to manipulate trade policy to punish political enemies.

Last edited:
first Russian 22 I've ever seen.....I bet my kids could burn through it with their single shots and never complain....

Anyone shoot Aguilla 22's?......great ammo but the smell is nauseating....

first Russian 22 I've ever seen.....I bet my kids could burn through it with their single shots and never complain....

Better make sure you have something that dissolves wax...and make sure to get them each a screwdriver to get the cases out after about half a box.

BTDT.

Oh, and you're not the first person that wanted a brick for their kids and wouldn't be the first person to never ask for another brick again.

Its total dogchit...it really is.

Don't be surprised if child protective services pays you a visit if you give them each a full box...its borderline child abuse.

Last edited:
wtf is being sympathetic to Russia??....I'm sympathetic to US ammo buyers....
Fair enough…..these protectionist trade issues always bring out the xenophobe in me.

Incidentally, wax was pretty common on the standard velocity 22’s I used to buy. Don’t know about these days though.

Quality of ammo is not the point of the ban Buzz. Right? mtmuley
Shoot a half a box of that chit through a .22 and you'll not only want to ban all Russian ammunition imports, but start seriously considering nuking the commie factory it came from...true story.

Could always lay them out & lightly go over them with a propane torch to melt the wax. :rolleyes:
Yeah, that's a great idea...take a propane torch to loaded .22 shells.

Do you check your fuel tank with a match too?

The net is just full of people with great ideas.

Let me guess, your picture when you were a kid checking to see if the power came back on?

lightsocket.png

Last edited:
I came to full draw on a 3X3 yesterday at about 9 yards. Then I came to my senses and I just couldn't do it. They better open up the National Forest on the 18th because my patience is wearing thin.
I had that nice buck I’ve been taking pictures of this summer at 30 yards for 15 minutes. Hammer cocked and trigger finger itching.

But I kept remembering I don’t have any room in the freezer. In the old days that wouldn’t have mattered.

Since it’s tag soup for me this year, I’ll spend the rest of the time with the camera. :cool:

From my deck last
DE17CAC2-C5B8-45B5-911D-D990D9D44B07.jpeg
week.

Yeah, that's a great idea...take a propane torch to loaded .22 shells.

Do you check your fuel tank with a match too?

The net is just full of people with great ideas.

Let me guess, your picture when you were a kid checking to see if the power came back on?
Geez Buzz, someone put starch in your panties?? It was a meant to be absurd, thus the :rolleyes: .

Last edited:
I know some young fellers who figured out how to pull the 22 slugs and smash the case with a hammer. Without the internet.

I’ll stop there.
And I know one who put a .38 spec in a vise & used a hammer & nail to 'fire' it. He did it only once, tho. Same dingaling threw live 12 ga. rounds in a fire once.

...or pull the bullet....lay it on it’s side to trickle a little powder out...then light it?...little missles to shoot at each other.....?

I can't be the only person who had to dig a half a rifle primer that you smashed with a rock, out of the side of your buddies face say maybe 1/4 inch from their eyeball...

I do. Pretty accurate.

Here is California they really don't want to take the guns right now JUST every last shell and then just maybe offer a couple of dollars for the guns.

I've bought plenty of Tula/Wolf steel case in last couple of years since the last shortage in 7.62x39 and .223 and it's been great. It was cheap, but runs flawless in my ARs.

I had that nice buck I’ve been taking pictures of this summer at 30 yards for 15 minutes. Hammer cocked and trigger finger itching.

But I kept remembering I don’t have any room in the freezer. In the old days that wouldn’t have mattered.

Since it’s tag soup for me this year, I’ll spend the rest of the time with the camera. :cool:

From my deck last View attachment 52166week.
I took these two photos not 10 minutes ago. Bow season ends today. Two different blacktail bucks. 15 yard shots. The top one is my avatar photo, now hard horned.
P1010282.JPG
P1010280.JPG

Last edited:
I've bought plenty of Tula/Wolf steel case in last couple of years since the last shortage in 7.62x39 and .223 and it's been great. It was cheap, but runs flawless in my ARs.
Nice! I feed one brass round to every 5rds of steel. This way the carbon will stick to the brass and not the chamber as steel doesn't expand in the chamber. Keeps the chamber cleaner that way.

Got plenty of brass too, but in order to stock up, I bought plenty of what I could get my hands on, Ruskie or otherwise. In addituon, Walmarts in Kali went all anti-AR after the Florida high school shooting, they got rid of their AR rounds. Then they also started getting rid if pistol rounds too. I took advantage of their willingness to get rid of their ammo.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom