In loving memory...

sbeard4

The following is a eulogy for my son. It is a sad story that I wish to share but please read at your own heartache.
IMG_0406.JPG

My 20 year old son Jamin Beard died at Brantly lake last month. He was on a sea-doo that he and his brother had taken there to work on and get running for resale. It died on them and they were trying to get it running again. The winds picked up quite a bit as afternoon winds often do around here, blowing them far from shore. They realized that they were going to tip over in the increasing waves with both of them still on it. They had begun talking about one of them trying to swim for shore even though it was twice as far as they knew they could swim. Water temp was 41 degrees. Jamin fell in with the next set of waves and told his younger brother, "I'm already in, I'll go." He did not make it far before succumbing to the cold, cramping up and passing. It took my other son awhile to drift across the lake and then run bare foot through a mile of scrub brush and thorns. We appreciate all the efforts that were made to find Jamin by the local law enforcement and first responder community. His body was recovered last week.
Jamin was increasingly faithful and growing in his relationship with Christ. He was known for helping out young people above and beyond himself. He never missed his opportunity to get his elk as a youth hunter. One hard youth hunt with cold rain/snow every day after Thanksgiving, he was out with his brother. Jamin dropped a cow elk at 800 yards with a 300 weatherby. I asked him how he calculated the drop. "Well there were 4 of them all lined up on the mountain, so I aimed at the top one. I got my elk - we can go home now."
IMG_0243.JPG

Jamin is a hero who sacrificed himself to give his brother a chance when things had gotten out of control. I'm also thankful for my other son who despite seeing his brother struggling in the waves stayed on the sea-doo, knowing he couldn't help but hurting all the while. Jamin is home with his Lord now.
Christ gave himself a sacrifice for each of us. We are each in a place that we can not rescue ourselves from. In over our heads needing a savior. Christ died that we might be saved from our sin and the ultimate consequence: the separation our sin causes from God.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Jamin was a great young man full of great love. I am deeply blessed for the time that God trusted me with being his father.
Thank you for letting me share this piece of Jamin's story.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family?? The pain and grief is so hard, but will not last forever. You will see your son again!

Thank God for Jamins faith and his salvation guaranteed by Jesus paying the price.

Philippians 4:7: And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Please share your name (and your wife if you have one) so my family can pray for you. I’m thankful that you are believers and can lean into Christ during this struggle.

I never met Jamin but can clearly tell he was a hero. You must be so proud of his faith, strength, and legacy.

God bless you!
Cory Burkett

Man that’s a tough story to hear. So many thoughts crossed my mind thinking about my son. My wife and I and all 3 of our kids are saved. The tragedy of losing a child causes so much grief. I pray that you stay focused on Jesus. Satan will start working on our minds during these times. God bless you my friend.

Shane

Damnit, this is heartbreaking. my condolences and prayers are with you and your family.
Rest in peace young man.

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like a son to be proud of. Thanks for sharing and God bless your family.

Tough read. Sorry for your loss. Prayer is very powerful and I pray the lord gives you comfort and peace in this moment.

Oh dear, my heart breaks to read this, yet I also rejoice. Thanks so much for sharing. I pray this story touches lives and brings people to Christ. I know you are hurting, but you'll be reunited with your son someday. Please PM me if there is anything I can do to help. Praying for you and your family.

My condolences for your loss sir. I am originally from Lea County and have been on Brantley many times. The wind can sure get bad there in a hurry. Your son is a hero.
Lost my Dad a week ago tomorrow. No matter the age of your lost loved one, it is never easy. Take care.

Sorry for your loss, thank you for the reminder of how precious life is! Will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

I can't even imagine how painful this must be for you--very sorry for your loss. May God bless you and your family.

So sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing you will see Jamin again and he is always with you. Your story makes me think of my step son who has also passed on. Know that your son will never be forgotten and watching over you and your family forever.

Last edited:
May the souls of the faithfully departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. Praying for you and your family.

May God bless this young man and your family. I am so sorry man. Prayers are not enough but I am sending them your way.

Man....that is tough. I am very sorry for what you and your family have to go through. Been there.....my wife and I have stayed true to believing that Gods plan is the right plan and things happen for a reason regardless of what races through our minds. God knows His plan and Jamin is in His plan. Condolences.

Sorry for your and your family. It's comforting knowing that this life is just a step in god's plan for us. That we can be reunited with our family once again.

So sorry for your loss sbeard. That is a tough read and so heartbreaking. ? your family will ber in my prayers and I also offer you to PM if I can help you in any way.

Sorry for your loss. He sounds like a great son. May his brother and all of your family find peace despite the sorrow he carries.

My condolences to you and the rest of your family. Prayer sent,...God bless all of you.
So very sorry for your awful loss ! Prayers to all your family. You will all meet again in Heaven.
God Bless !
Jerry Gold- Windsor, Colorado

I am so sorry for this tragedy. I hope you will forever find joy in his memory. I am so sorry. Thank you for sharing this with us. He is a hero.

The following is a eulogy for my son. It is a sad story that I wish to share but please read at your own heartache.View attachment 106175
My 20 year old son Jamin Beard died at Brantly lake last month. He was on a sea-doo that he and his brother had taken there to work on and get running for resale. It died on them and they were trying to get it running again. The winds picked up quite a bit as afternoon winds often do around here, blowing them far from shore. They realized that they were going to tip over in the increasing waves with both of them still on it. They had begun talking about one of them trying to swim for shore even though it was twice as far as they knew they could swim. Water temp was 41 degrees. Jamin fell in with the next set of waves and told his younger brother, "I'm already in, I'll go." He did not make it far before succumbing to the cold, cramping up and passing. It took my other son awhile to drift across the lake and then run bare foot through a mile of scrub brush and thorns. We appreciate all the efforts that were made to find Jamin by the local law enforcement and first responder community. His body was recovered last week.
Jamin was increasingly faithful and growing in his relationship with Christ. He was known for helping out young people above and beyond himself. He never missed his opportunity to get his elk as a youth hunter. One hard youth hunt with cold rain/snow every day after Thanksgiving, he was out with his brother. Jamin dropped a cow elk at 800 yards with a 300 weatherby. I asked him how he calculated the drop. "Well there were 4 of them all lined up on the mountain, so I aimed at the top one. I got my elk - we can go home now."
View attachment 106180
Jamin is a hero who sacrificed himself to give his brother a chance when things had gotten out of control. I'm also thankful for my other son who despite seeing his brother struggling in the waves stayed on the sea-doo, knowing he couldn't help but hurting all the while. Jamin is home with his Lord now.
Christ gave himself a sacrifice for each of us. We are each in a place that we can not rescue ourselves from. In over our heads needing a savior. Christ died that we might be saved from our sin and the ultimate consequence: the separation our sin causes from God.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Jamin was a great young man full of great love. I am deeply blessed for the time that God trusted me with being his father.
Thank you for letting me share this piece of Jamin's story.

View attachment 106178
Heart ache is True. One comfort is that with his and your families strong faith he is being warmed by the Lord‘s loving arms wrap around him and saying welcome home my child welcome home!

My condolences to you and your family during this difficult time. I hope you and your family find peace in God and heal as time allows.

My family and I will pray for you and may your son forever be remembered.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom