Info: Colorado Non resident mule deer hunt

J

jdoyle

Hi guys,

Have a small group from Arkansas looking to mule deer hunt this fall. Can anyone tell me if we can purchase licenses when we arrive for the monte-vista area - rio grand natl forest ? I have been looking at the cdow all weekend and still do not see a web page explaining the availability of hunts on public land.

Thanks

All mule deer tags in Colorado are by drawing only. Unfortunately, the drawing has already been held this year. There may be some leftover tags, but they have been on sale for almost a week, so there will be very slim pickings. The applications for the drawing are turned in around the first week of April and the drawing is held at the end of May.

Thanks droptine,

I guess we were misinformed. We were told that tags for national forest land could be bought over the counter in areas. I guess we will have to set up another game plan. Do you think there may still be some tags available ?

You could probably still find some cow elk tags. Only $250 (cheaper than deer). If interested, check out http://wildlife.state.co.us/Leftoverlicenses/ and see what is left.

There will also be some bull elk tags available over the counter: archery, and 2nd thru 4th rifle seasons.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Check out the Colorado DOW's web page under the leftover licenses. I'm not sure what area you're actually planning on hunting, but last count showed that there were still a gob of deer and elk tags available for different areas throughout the state. Hope this helps some. Good Luck.............

Coot

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom