Info for Pioche and Panaca Areas

Bwht4x4

Very Active Member
Going to be up in the Pioche and Panaca areas for the archery elk hunt in late August. Been in this area for a few hunts, but it's been a few years. Trying to determine a few things before the hunt.

1. Is there a butcher shop located nearby that can cut up an elk?
2. Are there any locations to get diesel/unleaded 24 hours a day?
3. Are there any places to fill up an RV's water tank (approx 50 gallons, willing to pay for the water)?
4. Is there a taxidermist located nearby?

Thanks

We're heading out on Thursday for four days of scouting to see if the 380" bulls I know of are still there. Finding out this info on fuel, butcher, taxidermist are today's priority. I'm sure next week it'll be something new to figure out.

Good tag,"CONGRATS".Fuel and Gas can be had in Town in a couple of places, BUT best place is in Panaca, at Shell station on hwy 93.As for water, maybe here too.Always carry 50 ft. Of hose for this need.Good Luck ... Bruce & SilverGrand

At the store in Pioche the gas pumps are
open 24 hrs.I am not 100% sure they have deisel but they should.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-14 AT 09:23AM (MST)[p]all the gas stations you can get fuel 24-7, modern age, credit cards ya know. but nothing in these towns Pioche Caliente Panaca are open past 9pm, if you need water and cant find it you can come by my house and get water. . What area elk do you have, congrats.. Theres is also a butcher shop on north second street in Panaca, Stewarts meat. And there is a pretty good taxidermist in Caliente, Kyle Teel.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom