Injury/Refund?

Yes and it was no problem. I found Wyoming very helpful I just had the doctor send in the reason for my medical issue and that I couldn't hunt. No problem, and they didn't end up amputating my hand which was also nice.

Thanks, Cornhusker. That is good news. Fell out of a tree yesterday and broke my ankle. Not sure if I will be doing much mountain climbing this fall.

The Father of my buddy in Sheridan had to have a knee replacement not too long before the 2010 season and also sent in his Doctor's paperwork showing he couldn't hunt and got a refund for a couple licenses.

i think if you have a sheep/moose/goat tag and get hurt and cant hunt i think you get your tag the following year..

LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-12 AT 09:49PM (MST)[p]Just make a timely request if you can't hunt so it goes in well before the seasons start. I believe nfh is correct in that they will let you hunt those animals the following year if you're incapacitated and ask for a years delay.

Did it last year on my way to Wyoming I got an infection in my foot and lost two toes. Stayed 6 days in hospital in Idaho falls. Contacted fish and game and they were very helpful. Got full refund and my points back. I think very highly of them now. Where I live in Oregon you get no money back, but get your points back. Good Luck

I returned 2 tags in 2009. I was in the hospital just before we were supposed to leave for our hunt. My brother called and talked to someone at the Game and Fish headquarters. After I got out of the hospital I called too. I had to write a letter to the Game and Fish asking to get a refund. They sent me a form that I had to get signed by my Doctor stating that I was physically unable to hunt. I had to send my licenses to the main office. I got a full refund plus had all my points restored. If you can get your Doctor to sign the form it should be no problem. Another reason to love Wyoming.

Good to hear that on WYO. I went through this last year with NEVADA deer tag and got all my money back and points restored plus one for that year too. My Dr. wrote an excuse on a Prescription form...and NV excepted it.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom