Inspiration

joesikora

Long Time Member
I haven’t found anything that inspired me in awhile of things I what to build buy boys I think I just found it! For our 80 acres in MO
What do you all think?

1075123F-B26B-4F1D-9D4C-FE1FF00C95DE.jpeg

50AE4EE5-A36B-4443-A7FA-71B1AEBC9B30.jpeg

Not the bar! What is awesome is the wooden beam trusses and all the detailed work on the walls floors ceiling etc! I Love It

D0C26D42-5555-49EA-8483-5C93BA205D06.jpeg

Awesome Man Cave! Replace the dirt bikes with full body mounts, maybe add a pool table, make the bar "self-serve". And let us know when you're ready, and invite us to the inauguration!

MO will be my next move...when I'm too old to hunt like I do around here..sit on some porch back there and watch my vegetable garden grow with cane pole fishing and shooting whitetail and turkeys right off the front porch..been back there 3 or 4 times and love the native Missourians..

Since they're givin lumber away, absolutely! But it sure looks like a great space to sip some whiskey and tell some lies!

I’ll keep you all updated as soon as I can start getting to work out there!
1) road
2) cut timber
3) build pole barn to have someway to stay and store equipment etc
4) start on lake
5) start building home sweet home
6) finally bring you all over for some spring turkey hunting

I Can see Many Places for RACKS To Be Hung!

Them F'N Motorbikes would Be Gone!

The Trophies Would Be Replaced with Different kinds of Trophies!

Nice Joe!

I’ll keep you all updated as soon as I can start getting to work out there!
1) road
2) cut timber
3) build pole barn to have someway to stay and store equipment etc
4) start on lake
5) start building home sweet home
6) finally bring you all over for some spring turkey hunting
Any chance for some Wild Turkey hunting?

Here you go boys
as you can see I have one heck of a road in put in approximately
950’ That’s a lot of digging I have to do!

EAE270D5-E43A-4366-8680-70DAFBC57B36.jpeg

Yeah pointer, it’s all timber 85% white oak which is selling around $3 a bdft. There’s a mill within 15 miles that make all of Evans Williams Whiskey Barrels they use the stave logs to make the barrels

Joe, are you going to leave it the way it is, log it, manage for deer and turkey, food plots, log small parts, etc., or really haven't thought that far ahead?

I see you're going to build a lake and cut timber.

I would imagine having to build a road and house that my question might be on the back burner.

I'll keep my eye on google earth.

Joe, are you going to leave it the way it is, log it, manage for deer and turkey, food plots, log small parts, etc., or really haven't thought that far ahead?

I see you're going to build a lake and cut timber.

I would imagine having to build a road and house that my question might be on the back burner.

I'll keep my eye on google earth.
Well my list is how I would like to get it done that’s depending on funds and my ability to do the work, what I’ve done all my life building things.
Oh I’m not going to leave it along to me this is my final creation! Its just like building a house or landscaping I love working with my hands and coming up with ideas as I go along. I plan on setting it up for a house or two but may never build one out I’ll use Sherrill Assoc. He me plot out on the situate homes to take advantage of all the spaces views sun and wind exposures, where and how to make the lake where it looks it best food plots everywhere they’ll serve the property the best provide shelter to try and raise quail or pheasant, complete the fencing and repair the fence, install 5’ bar wire fence along the back side to help keep deer on this side and my next door neighbor’s side. I will plant a double row of soft pines to create a screen on that same fence line have a couple clusters of pines close to a water source for the deer to hang with no one ever to disturb that area than some apple and maple tree clusters apples for the deer maples for the brilliant color in the fall for me to look at. I am going to select cut the timber. Nina our friend that we got the land from had someone give her a bid price for her half of the timber 15 years ago and it was $35k and that price was low the better way is to splitting shares they call it, the logger gets half owner gets half you make more money that way, but she didn’t log it and it really needs it there’s no undergrowth just oak leaves on the ground. Plus I’m sure she didn’t want to spend all that money for a road. I had a logger who I really liked and he was going to cut me a road in for nothing not rocking it or anything like that but when he found out I wasn’t going to let him basically clear cut the whole lot he stopped answering my calls

Sounds like you have it all planned out. Always more enjoyable to do all that on your own land. I have several friends down south with leased land that do a lot of that work, tree stands, food plots, shooting houses, letting bucks go in the hope they'll get bigger, then lose the lease.

I pray your health gets better.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom