Instant crash

Seems like an easy fix, next person in line in the regular draw gets the returned tag like UT. Or no returning tags unless you are on your death bed like WY.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-18 AT 09:51AM (MST)[p]Didnt crash, just slow.

Cant believe people complain about opportunity for more tags.... we are our own enemy.

Never did crash, but slooooooow. Took 27 minutes to go through the process, but we got it done and a tag is headed to our house. Imagine all the dudes in lines at Walmart. I'll bet there was some complaining going on! Those higher demand tags probably went super quick.
Pretty nice to have the opportunity. Even if we hadn't got one, you still have to be pleased to have a small chance. No??

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Colorado online leftover sucks! Did everything they said to do was then got on at 9:00. What a slow process and to add insult to injury it asked for Hunters Ed # and Credit Card # when this info was in the system already (last week received email from CO to update Credit Card info for the draw) did that but it still asked me for the info. In the end I got shut out. I'll be in 43 as an observer for the HCB hunt. They go fishing somewhere.

300Wtby

My deer choices got hammered before I could even check out. Got elk, antelope, and bear tags that are still available right now. The list went from 39 pages to 14 in the first hour. There's thousands and thousands of folks that are singing the happy dance right now cause "This CPW system is awesome for giving me this opportunity to hunt a killer tag with no preference points!" I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

Couldn't get through online. Waited on the phone for 20 minutes and picked up my 3rd season buck tag that I should have drawn in the regular draw.

If you don't like it, don't waste CPW's bandwidth!

I killed my best antelope on a returned tag in 2016, and I picked up another returned tag this year. I am so grateful for the opportunity to hunt the tags that other people aren't going to hunt anyway! I know there are some improvements that could be made, but this is much better than not having the chance at all.

Basically, you should be grateful, so stop your bellyaching.

>If you don't like it, don't
>waste CPW's bandwidth!
>
>I killed my best antelope on
>a returned tag in 2016,
>and I picked up another
>returned tag this year. I
>am so grateful for the
>opportunity to hunt the tags
>that other people aren't going
>to hunt anyway! I know
>there are some improvements that
>could be made, but this
>is much better than not
>having the chance at all.
>
>
>Basically, you should be grateful, so
>stop your bellyaching.
>
>

+1

It's Black Friday for hunters.

Some of them do go to the next in line.

There are literally thousands of tags returned/not paid for.... Do you know how many people would have to be hired to call person by person, get voicemails, wait a week.... etc.

A lot of people turn down returned tags, because their schedule changed/got a different tag/etc from when they applied.

>Some of them do go to
>the next in line.
>
>There are literally thousands of tags
>returned/not paid for.... Do you
>know how many people would
>have to be hired to
>call person by person, get
>voicemails, wait a week.... etc.
>
>
>A lot of people turn down
>returned tags, because their schedule
>changed/got a different tag/etc from
>when they applied.

What he said above is exactly right! This isn't a system like Utah or Arizona where there are only a handful of tags returned. There were over 29,000 leftover/returned/unpaid tags. How can u expect them to weed thru all that and call everyone. There?s no perfect way to do this but I think due to it being so many tags this is best possible way to do or have a random draw for them like WY possibly

Personally, I love the opportunity we have in CO to pick up quality tags without burning preference points. I got ?errored out? at 9:00 this morning and by the time I got back in, the tags I was interested in were gone. Which means I'll be watching the leftover list in the coming months:)

With that said, there is a simple way to help the system run smoother. I believe the biggest issue today was too much web traffic... Leftover tags are certainly popular enough to slow the system down, however, adding in those early returned ?reissue? tags exacerbated the issue significantly. If CPW would just wait to make ALL the reissue tags available (randomly) on the 14th, I think it would spread out the web traffic to be manageable and not concentrated to 9:00 on Tuesday morning. Just my 2 cents.
Hoopscoach

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud"

>Personally, I love the opportunity we
>have in CO to pick
>up quality tags without burning
>preference points. I got ?errored
>out? at 9:00 this morning
>and by the time I
>got back in, the tags
>I was interested in were
>gone. Which means I'll
>be watching the leftover list
>in the coming months:)
>
>With that said, there is a
>simple way to help the
>system run smoother. I believe
>the biggest issue today was
>too much web traffic... Leftover
>tags are certainly popular enough
>to slow the system down,
>however, adding in those early
>returned ?reissue? tags exacerbated the
>issue significantly. If CPW would
>just wait to make ALL
>the reissue tags available (randomly)
>on the 14th, I think
>it would spread out the
>web traffic to be manageable
>and not concentrated to 9:00
>on Tuesday morning. Just my
>2 cents.
>Hoopscoach
>
>
>"Rather fail with honor than succeed
>by fraud"

Yep, its a good idea.

They just don't have the system to handle the traffic. And making online available at the same time as the other 2 avenues was a bad idea and bogged the system. I've gotten the chitty end of this stick plenty of times over the past 30yrs. Not today!

283520180807095404.jpg

#livelikezac

Pretty stoked my dad and I both have 4th season tags in our pockets now!!!
It was a lil scary when we got kicked out a few times, but we ultimately got lucky and love the idea of the re issued tags!
With re issue in 016, draw in 017 and re issue in 018 three years of hunting deer is pretty bad to the bone!

What a bunch of freaking entitled babies... What makes you any more important than anyone else? They are left over and returned tags. There Were thousands, possibly over 10,000 plus people hitting the button at 9:00am. Some got lucky others did not.

We got one more tag that we did not have this year after we missed on a tag we really wanted. Sorry but if you expect to get a tag, you are an idiot. If you look at it like a lottery ticket and you might win then you have your head on straight.

As for the next in line, that occur for any tag taking more than 5 resident points to draw. That process alone takes a ton of time money and effort. Following that process out would suck. I did not draw first choice but got my second choice. Then my first choice is offered to me as next in line, so I take that and now my old second choice becomes available to the next guy in line, and he might have to give up his 4th to get back to his second and pretty soon you have a ton of guys all jockeying around.

Time to eat some popcorn and sense the heart burn!!!
Just be damn happy that you have an opportunity and that sometimes you are the lucky one...

Of course you all can hate hate me because for the 3rd year in a row we have pulled a leftover tag.

I like the system, it is just an additional opportunity that I would not have had otherwise.

If you really want to send a message speak with your wallets and do not try for any of the tags, that will teach Colorado...

>What a bunch of freaking entitled
>babies... What makes you any
>more important than anyone else?
>They are left over and
>returned tags. There Were thousands,
>possibly over 10,000 plus people
>hitting the button at 9:00am.
>Some got lucky others did
>not.
>
>We got one more tag that
>we did not have this
>year after we missed on
>a tag we really wanted.
>Sorry but if you expect
>to get a tag, you
>are an idiot. If you
>look at it like a
>lottery ticket and you might
>win then you have your
>head on straight.
>
>As for the next in line,
>that occur for any tag
>taking more than 5 resident
>points to draw. That process
>alone takes a ton of
>time money and effort. Following
>that process out would suck.
>I did not draw first
>choice but got my second
>choice. Then my first choice
>is offered to me as
>next in line, so I
>take that and now my
>old second choice becomes available
>to the next guy in
>line, and he might have
>to give up his 4th
>to get back to his
>second and pretty soon you
>have a ton of guys
>all jockeying around.
>
>Time to eat some popcorn and
>sense the heart burn!!!
>Just be damn happy that you
>have an opportunity and that
>sometimes you are the lucky
>one...
>
>Of course you all can hate
>hate me because for the
>3rd year in a row
>we have pulled a leftover
>tag.
>
>I like the system, it is
>just an additional opportunity that
>I would not have had
>otherwise.
>
>If you really want to send
>a message speak with your
>wallets and do not try
>for any of the tags,
>that will teach Colorado...

+1000

I've done the returned tag thing in 16 & 17, never had any expectations just wanted a chance and both of those years I picked up a tag and killed bucks.
This year I didn't need to fight the battle as we drew 4 1st choice buck tags and our cow tags.

Even though I don't agree that you should be able to turn in a tag because it's to dry or there are little acorns this year I am still a lifelong hunter and will always take advantage of any chance I can get.

Cheers! And well said elks!

YMMV

I don't feel entitled. But when they promise something and don't deliver, I think there is room for improvement. There are websites that 10s of thousands of people log on at the same time and they don't run that slow. It took me 25 min just for the log in page to load and another 15 to complete the process. Of course the 3 tags in the area I wanted were gone by then. That I get, but taking 40 minutes just to see? That is fixable if they want to.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

For you computer nerds. Is some or the problem a persons internet provider? I know the server CPW had problems, but do certain internet providers connect better than others?
Bill

This process is part of why we pay fees for tags. With the increases CPW has instituted I do expect much better customer service than what CPW provides. I didn't get a leftover tag no big deal and no entitlement feelers here but I do expect to receive the services I am paying for and whta I experienced yesterday was way below substandard.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

"I don't feel entitled. But when they promise something and don't deliver, "

txhunter,

what promise did they give you? I didn't see any promises? Of course there's room for improvement but it is what is. You NR's we're fortunate this year to even be able to have an online chance at leftover tags this year when compared to the past years.

The system worked fine but was just extremely slow as expected. This years leftover list was the best it's ever been and I thank the CPW for that opportunity. Of course the system can't handle the demand and will never be designed or paid for to handle day one demand. I give them credit that it never crashed and was just slow for those who got lucky.

I had 2 computers running and 1 never got off the first page but the other chugged along for 30 minutes until I got my tag. It's simply luck. Some will win, all most all won't.

Honestly I wish they would restrict the first day of leftover sales to residents only. NR's have more opportunity at our tags than any other state in the western draw system. You should feel fortunate you even had a chance to play on day one or even have the liberal tag allowance opportunity for NR's in the original draw.

Hopefully hordes of NR's voice their opinion to the CPW for ruining both Res and Nr's odds this last year by allowing a $3 up front app fee only for all species. This is a bigger issue that needs addressing not crying about not getting a leftover tag because the online system couldn't handle the demand and was slow.

FYI. Even the largest ticket sales websites like ticketmaster, altitude tickets, etc have the spinning wheel of death at onsale time for highest demand events. By the time you get through the event is sold out. It doesn't matter if the CPW paid to have the best system to handle the largest volume for onsite time on day 1 there would still be run time issues. Of course the CPW isn't going to pay to have a system that can handle this demand better than the largest players in the ticket business for a 1 day event. Makes no sense.

>Honestly I wish they would restrict
>the first day of leftover
>sales to residents only.

That was my complaint of offering online at the same time this year as opposed to midnight. But in the end we residents did have an advantage, as it should be. The licensing agent that I went to got my Four tags for me while I watched the spinning wheel of death on my phone and never did get through. I was out the door in 6 minutes.

#livelikezac

>
>Honestly I wish they would restrict
>the first day of leftover
>sales to residents only.
>NR's have more opportunity at
>our tags than any other
>state in the western draw
>system. You should feel
>fortunate you even had a
>chance to play on day
>one or even have the
>liberal tag allowance opportunity for
>NR's in the original draw.

If Colorado wasn't 75% federal land i might agree with this

I was afraid i would come on here and be the only one PISSED, but i feel much better now reading most of your comments. I am glad I am not the only one who feels like this is a pathetic ,embarrassment of a system.

While I would not feel bad at all for losing a legit lotto system as that is the odds you play.
Not even getting a chance because of a shitty,incompetent,slow, unprepared server network is bullshit. What makes it even worse is they have known this for a few years now and blatantly do not care !!

To the lucky few who did get through, I wish you all the best of luck. Leave some for us next year .

As for giving a one day jump for residents, when you consider that non-residents pay more than 10x more for the same tag, the odds of doing that aren't good.

>
>>
>>Honestly I wish they would restrict
>>the first day of leftover
>>sales to residents only.
>>NR's have more opportunity at
>>our tags than any other
>>state in the western draw
>>system. You should feel
>>fortunate you even had a
>>chance to play on day
>>one or even have the
>>liberal tag allowance opportunity for
>>NR's in the original draw.
>
>If Colorado wasn't 75% federal land
>i might agree with this
>

The wildlife the tags are sold for are 100% Colorado owned.

#livelikezac

>>
>>>
>>>Honestly I wish they would restrict
>>>the first day of leftover
>>>sales to residents only.
>>>NR's have more opportunity at
>>>our tags than any other
>>>state in the western draw
>>>system. You should feel
>>>fortunate you even had a
>>>chance to play on day
>>>one or even have the
>>>liberal tag allowance opportunity for
>>>NR's in the original draw.
>>
>>If Colorado wasn't 75% federal land
>>i might agree with this
>>
>
>
>The wildlife the tags are sold
>for are 100% Colorado owned.
>
>
>#livelikezac

ha show me the title and I'll believe ya

>As for giving a one day
>jump for residents, when you
>consider that non-residents pay more
>than 10x more for the
>same tag, the odds of
>doing that aren't good.

Not only that but I'm sure a lot of the returned tags were NR tags too. I think it's a fair system. It's not perfect but at least someone has the opp to get a tag!

I like the actual system for leftovers and re-issues. Would I like to see residents get first crack? Sure, I am a resident. That debate aside, I do think they need to fix the computer issue so that it can handle the load.

It's a crappy system, and I'm a resident and even got a quality tag. Since the CPW merged with the parks it's a JOKE. They are always saying there broke and budget crunching. There gonna do what they want and we have to play there game cuz we like to hunt.

Many people complain about CPW compared to DOW, but we're all still given a chance to hunt, and that's a blessing. Constructive criticism WOULD be useful, but everyone just complains. I would counter with "put up or shutup" and give the CPW something they can use.

>Many people complain about CPW compared
>to DOW, but we're all
>still given a chance to
>hunt, and that's a blessing.
>Constructive criticism WOULD be useful,
>but everyone just complains. I
>would counter with "put up
>or shutup" and give the
>CPW something they can use.
>

yes we can them something they can use how about a class action law suit?
any lawyers on MM out there?

Got this email today and my point for sharing is we have price increases, crashing website, duplicate licenses being issued, etc., etc., etc. Where does it end. What a cluster of miss used public funds. Where is the oversite? I do my job like this and my butt would be out the door.

"Dear Big Game License Holder,

Congratulations on receiving a license through Colorado Parks and Wildlife?s Primary Draw!

We at Aspira provide the technology for IPAWS including the fulfilment of the draw issued licenses. Due to a printing issue a percentage of customers received duplicate licenses. Unfortunately, you might have been mistakenly mailed multiple copies of the license(s) drawn.

Note: these duplicates are not valid licenses and cannot be used to harvest an animal.

If you have received multiple licenses in the mail, check the carcass tags to see if they are exactly the same. The best way to verify this is to compare the number in the upper right corner of the carcass tag. If this number is the same on both licenses, you have received a duplicate.

If duplicates are found, please contact CPW?s Call Center at 303.297.1192. Instructions will be provided on what to do with the duplicate license.

If you have already contacted CPW about a duplicate license and resolved the issue, OR No duplicates were received. No further action is required.

Thank you for your continued support of Colorado Parks and Wildlife and we wish you well in all of your outdoor recreation endeavors."

Come on CPW!!! Let's get it together!!!

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

Did anyone listen to the Meeting on the 10th about the issue? I think it was about the 2hr 35 minute mark of the 4 hour plus meeting.Basically calling it a disaster. Vendors got in around the 9:09 time frame, while individuals first got in at the 9:18 time frame.The Company (spokesperson) that was hired had some trouble answering questions about the services they sold the CPW.

>
>yes we can them something they
>can use how about a
>class action law suit?
>any lawyers on MM out there?
>

What does this solve?
Seriously, all it will do is hurt us, the people who use the resources bu taking away dollars for anything and putting it in lawyers pockets..

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom