Interesting Photo - Take a Look

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Checkout this photo that Joe Romero sent over. He caught this on his trailcam. Crazy, huh?

20182img0004.jpg

506761.jpg

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Very cool indeed.??

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

What state? "There are no lions, or at least mature lions, in Utah!"

-Hawkeye-

My Favorite Expo Tag Quotes:

"It is fair to ask how much comes in with the five dollar application fees and how much went onto the ground.? Don Peay of SFW during 3/31/2005 Wildlife Board Meeting.

"There will be a full accounting of how the applications fees are spent.? Don Peay of SFW - 9/26/2006 - Monstermuleys.com

Wow. Cool pic.

I was visiting a friend who works a fire tower in Modoc county in NE CA and he told me a fish and game trapper there told him of a lion they collared. Seems the collar they use tracks when a violent move is made by the cat and that will signal the gps coordinates of a kill site. This cat had a HUGE range and in less than a year they tracked many kill sites and 13 of them were wild horses!

At least something is killing those worthless buggers.

Bill

People who work for a living are quickly being
overwhelmed by people who vote for a living.

That's is a cool pic! Blows my mind that a cat like that says to himself ?I'm hungry I think I'll take in that critter that is 3x my size? ?

Wow ! If that big old cow knew her wrestling moves. She would fall right on top of that cat and smash it flat!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-24-19 AT 07:55PM (MST)[p]Years ago while on night patrol in the hill area I watched a mountain lion take down a deer. The lion rushed the deer from about 10 yards and grabbed it by the throat and took the deer to the ground. After about 2-3 minutes the deer was dead and the lion dragged the deer uphill to behind a fallen tree and proceeded to eat his dinner.

One interesting fact I observed. As the lion laid on the ground watching the deer come into range, his tail was up and slowly waving back and forth just before he charged the deer. For some reason the deer, several does, never saw that tail waving back and forth, and if they did, they ignored it.

RELH

That is an amazing photo! you know what they say one picture is worth a thousand words! or something like that.

We saw a cat hanging off a spike elk neck. Neither was struggling. Both just waiting for the inevitable.

What I find strange is they kill hundreds of elk and deer and there aren't bones littered all over the mountains. I suppose some kind of critter takes care of those too.

That big ole lion is just doing what he needs to do to survive and following his instincts. It is a bummer for those who like elk steaks. In many areas too many lions, not enough deer and elk.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom