Introduction and Nevada antelope tag

AnnualRye

Hi everyone. Newbie here. First time, long time. Oregon resident, been hunting my whole life exclusively in Oregon...until now I suppose. Born and raised in western Oregon. Cut my teeth primarily hunting chocolate-horned blacktails, and when lucky enough, hunting mulies in eastern Oregon. Have only killed a handful of mulies, but each has been a mature, 3+ year old buck, which is a feat if you ask me in Oregon. Primarily archery hunt, but have been known to break out the boomstick on occasion. An equal opportunist one might say.

Anyway, I found out last Friday evening that I drew my first out-of-state tag in Nevada. Been putting in for several years now and was fortunate to draw the 032, 034 archery antelope tag in the NW corner of the state. I have quite a bit of experience hunting speedgoats in Oregon, having harvested a few and been on many more hunts with others. However, I don't have much familiarity with the units I drew in NV, other than I guess Burning Man is held in 034 every year, which is interesting but not quite helpful in terms of hunting goats.

If anyone with experience or information about this hunt is willing to extend a helping hand I would be very grateful. Feel free to send me a P.M. as well.

Looking forward to being a part of this community.

AR

Hi everyone. Newbie here. First time, long time. Oregon resident, been hunting my whole life exclusively in Oregon...until now I suppose. Born and raised in western Oregon. Cut my teeth primarily hunting chocolate-horned blacktails, and when lucky enough, hunting mulies in eastern Oregon. Have only killed a handful of mulies, but each has been a mature, 3+ year old buck, which is a feat if you ask me in Oregon. Primarily archery hunt, but have been known to break out the boomstick on occasion. An equal opportunist one might say.

Anyway, I found out last Friday evening that I drew my first out-of-state tag in Nevada. Been putting in for several years now and was fortunate to draw the 032, 034 archery antelope tag in the NW corner of the state. I have quite a bit of experience hunting speedgoats in Oregon, having harvested a few and been on many more hunts with others. However, I don't have much familiarity with the units I drew in NV, other than I guess Burning Man is held in 034 every year, which is interesting but not quite helpful in terms of hunting goats.

If anyone with experience or information about this hunt is willing to extend a helping hand I would be very grateful. Feel free to send me a P.M. as well.

Looking forward to being a part of this community.

AR
Go to nevada fish and game website,click on top 10 hunter resources then click on hunt information sheets then find your units. This will give a fair amount of info

Go to nevada fish and game website,click on top 10 hunter resources then click on hunt information sheets then find your units. This will give a fair amount of info
Thanks for the tip. I looked over the info sheets and they definitely give a good starting point. I'm waiting a call back from the district bio and am actively scouring OnX for areas to focus on. Insider and first-hand knowledge is much appreciated, too. ?

Welcome, I am not familar with that unit, but call fish and game and get the biologist phone number, talk to him. Spend time in the unit. Have a great hunt.

Welcome, I am not familar with that unit, but call fish and game and get the biologist phone number, talk to him. Spend time in the unit. Have a great hunt.
Thanks for the welcome and advice. I spoke with the district bio out of Winnemucca yesterday. He gave me some good intel and places to start looking. I will definitely give my full diligence on scouting and effort. Thankfully I don't live too terribly far from the unit.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom