Iowa Bound!

Hunted Iowa archery WT for 25+ years. Miss the mornings on stand with the smell of a frosty freshly harvested corn field and the sound of a rutting buck grunting not far away chasing a hot doe.

Chased them in the late seasons around Corning a bunch too. Really great area to hunt.

Enjoy your hunt!!!!

Ruts in full swing right now , they’re pretty stupid if you find one that’ll cooperate or happen to run by you ! Good luck !

First time on here in almost 2 weeks. Missed it! :)

Anyway, we hunted about 80 acres of private land a few days. And a public land WMA a few days.

Didn't have any success, but had a good time, and saw lots of deer. Several I'd shoot any day here in TN. Passed on a 10 point just outside the ears - small body and thin tines. Not what I waited 5 years for a tag. Although he was shot by some other hunters that we didn't know were so close to us. Actually, the deer expired about 100 yards from my friend. When the guys went to get their game cart, he climbed down and took a pic. They never knew. I told him he should've rolled the deer over or put him in a different position!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Had one come by grunting and sniffing like he was chasing a doe, that I never saw. I thought he was out of range so I didn't stop him. Turns out, he was in range, but it happened so fast, I wasn't sure. I've probably would've shot him, but when I first saw him, I wasn't sure.

And finally the one that will live in my mind forever...big body, good mass, and chasing a doe. Shoot first, count tines and score later. Anyway, I stopped him broadside with a baaaa. My mind said 30 yards. 30 yard pin. Put it right there and squee... And away he ran. Never to be seen again.

We put a trail cam up on the 80 acres. This fellow was in front of it at 9:30 Wednesday morning. If he had showed up Saturday morning when I was in the stand, I would've given him a free ride to Tennessee!

Oh well, that's why it's called hunting and not getting! Can't wait to go back. But it's into the TN mountains Friday for a ML hunt and kamp!

I'll have to catch up on all the MM happenings tomorrow!

MFDC5066 (2).JPG

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom