Iowa deer

12point

Shot this buck Sunday night. Sorry for the crummy pictures, I had already started to cape him and realized I hadn't taken any. I tore my rotator cuff several years ago so I use a Ten Point venom crossbow now. 35 yards through the heart, went about 60 yards and piled up.

652291030728.jpg

906661030727.jpg

Also, I see you have a picture of him in "this years pictures" thread a bit down the whitetail page. Beautiful deer!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-26-18 AT 00:19AM (MST)[p]Congrats 12pt! And if my count is right he is too?
He was my favorite of the trail cam pics you put up!

#livelikezac

783161030732.jpg

Shot this deer Thursday morning. Saw a lot of bucks this year but the biggest were all like the two I shot. We have some bad weather coming in and gun season starts in a week and a half so when this deer gave me a 30 yard shot I decided to take him. I've also been out almost every morning and evening since Oct 1st so it's starting to wear on me :D

Pictures below are of some of the deer that came by me.

82536imag0043.jpg

46031fhllfhhl.jpg

99926imag0205.jpg

9322imag0276.jpg

37922imag0386.jpg

64958ek000119.jpg

Looks like good seed for next year! That big bodied 6pt should get an arrow, looks like a Hereford cross. Hope that 10 with the long brows shows up for ya next fall. Thanx for sharing yer season again!

#livelikezac

Here's the 6 pt I would have liked to have shot but I wasn't in this stand when he came by. How did you do on elk and deer this year?

33879ek000114.jpg

He ain't missed many meals! Been a good season so far. Started with 6 tags, 4 thru the leftover sale Aug 7th. Killed a young bull,a cow, and a decent buck with rifle. Got a doe with my muzzleloader earlier. Had one day to hunt buck antelope and didn't get it done. Still have a doe antelope tag good till the end of the year. The freezer and pantry are lookin good!

#livelikezac

Yes a lot of bucks in the 120 to 140 range. Most survive the seasons but don't seem to get any bigger. I'm beginning to think 120 to 140 is what most bucks will ever have.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom