Iowa Whitetail

12pointer

Well I managed to put it together and killed my number one prospect. Went out this afternoon, got in my stand and before I had my crossbow pulled up this guy ran a doe right up behind my tree. He stayed behind me for over an hour grunting and following that doe back and forth behind me. My stand is in a big cedar tree on the edge of a CRP field so I can only shoot out in front.

Just before sunset the doe ran out into the CRP to my left with him hot on her tail. Managed to get them stopped and took the shot. He went about 60 yards and piled up.

258401030830.jpg

116881030832.jpg

693041030833.jpg

Wow! You had a pretty good year.:)

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

Didn't see him before in yer trail cam pics. Had to go back and find him workin that licking branch. That trail cam pic didn't do him justice!

#livelikezac

Yes, for some reason night pics of hard horned deer makes their antlers appear thinner than what they really are. Maybe it's just the brand cameras I use. Even the daylight pics don't show the mass.

Here's a few daylight pics.

12275ek000279.jpg

80102ek000285.jpg

61283pict1343.jpg

29085pict1345.jpg

59939imag0177.jpg

Congrats 12! I bet that was torture with him behind you for that long. Your patience paid off.

I always like looking at your trail cam pics and kill pics. You always have some nice ones. Congrats again.

Good work and congrats. It can be tough this time of year when they are tending does. It was really good early but it has been slow for us the last week or so.

Wow, what a big buck. That's a great score. Congrats!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Awesome buck. Man with that left g3 split / doubled at the base he looks a lot like the buck i plan on going after this year, but bigger. Even has the slightly bladed right g2 the same, though it doesnt show well in these pics here. Made me think of this guy the second i saw it.
PICT0620-800x600.JPG
PICT0875-800x600.JPG
HUNT0260-800x449.JPG

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom