irish setter boots

muzz

Long Time Member
I was looking at some irish setter treeline boots today. Anyone have any info on them or the quality of irish setter boots?

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

They use to be really good, I wore a pair each year for hunting probably for 5-6 years till the leather got so stiff, they would not bend or flex. So I switched to Cabela's brand and just last year another pair of Meindls went in the trash after about 10 years. Just bought a new pair and brand name I forgot as they are in the storage box in my garage but they are non-insulated just the Goretex and something else....might not last long but at my age I could care less.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

I have a pair of vapor techs that I like. Very light weight with decent support. For the price they are a good boot. Not in the class of Meindls but they are 1/2 the price

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I bought a pair 2 years ago to hunt in Wyoming. They are Cordura and leather and are from their lower end line. The old shoe store owner told me that he had quail hunters that swear by them. They are light with 600 grams insulation. I hunted there in Wyoming then Colorado last year and wear them to work here. Not every day just doing cold weather chores like cutting wood. They have not leaked and they still look and function as new. I paid aprox $120. for them and would recommend them to anybody,
J_T_B

Love my Irish Setter Elk Trackers/Stalkers...can't remember the exact "model" name. They are durable and were easy to break in.

I use the Wingshooter style but in a short version (I think the older 5", instead of 7"). Love them for all my upland hunting, and walking miles and miles in Africa for elephant and buffalo in dry riverbeds. Have several pair, but they are the all-leather uninsulated style.... Typical Red Wing store warranty and customer support is great, and they are a little cheaper than high-end brands.

I have a pair of their insulated Elk Hunters for my later season hunts. I love them! Very comfortable and quick to break in.

copple2

I love my Irish Setter boots! I don't remember their model, but they were pretty much already broke in, they were that comfortable from the get-go. Mine have the 600 Thinsulate and I wear them in Wyoming in November every year, putting 30 miles plus on them in a week, I love them!

I bought a pair of Irish Setter boot last fall, not the top of the line, can't remember the model. they were the cordura/leather w/gortex, no insulation. I had been on an early season hunt where I thought my feet were going to burn off my ankles from the heat and to much insulation.
When i stopped in the Red Wing Store, the gal brought out a few sizes to try, and i was telling her about the issues i had with insulated boots. She says - "hop on my pressure sensing shoe selling machine over there". I did, with much skepticism. She pointed out that i had high pressure points on the ball and heel of my foot, with no pressure at all in the arch area. She reccomended a particular insert for that problem. I looked at the price and just about laughed, but i thought, "wth", let's give it a try.
All i can say is WOW!!!! what a difference. no more hot spots, all day comfort. I wear those inserts in my insulated boots now, with the same results.
Your results may vary, but i am sold on Irish Setters only because of that particular issue being solved. I feel the boots are a comparable product to anything else out there. If i have a good experience with a vendor, i am inclined to purchase from them, all other things being equal.
PS- the Irish setter boots are pretty dag-gum nice for the price!! Wearing well, light, comfy. i will buy them again!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom