Is 2020 my year for redemption?

sniper14

Back in 1994 my dad and I drew a San Juan Elk ridge rifle deer tag. He had work (he was a school teacher) and I had school so we just went up Thursday during UEA and scouted a few day before the season opened on Saturday. We saw some bucks on Friday, one of which was the biggest buck I've ever seen alive to this date. We only were able to hunt Saturday and Sunday as we both had to be back to "reality" by Monday morning. He shot a small 4 point and I settled for a 2 point that was still in velvet and had okay forks. It was definitely not the storybook ending to a great tag, but I vowed to hunt it again someday and try and win the battle next time. Needless to say I drew the tag this year and the game is on to try and put together the hunt of a lifetime.

I'll keep you posted
Good luck to everyone out there!!

I decided to give this tag more justice than the last time I drew it, so my dad and I decided to scout last week to get a better lay of the land. We were all planned to go when I found out he had to do a Covid 19 test for a hernia surgery he was having on Tuesday, and once he tested he had to stay quarantined at home until the operation. My wife wouldn't let me go alone so I got on Google Earth and did some virtual scouting in my pajamas eating ice cream.

Screenshot_20200623-211557_WhatsApp.jpg

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom