Is it political?

I don't think politics should come into it. That's a dangerous way to view joining the Armed Forces.

Unless the draft is reinstated, everybody gets to decide for themselves whether they join the Armed Forces or not. However, if a person decides to join, they agree to follow the orders of the President, regardless of that President's political party.

Soldiers aren't to be political pawns, and the Commander In Chief is to be followed by those soldiers... as is clearly written in Article II of the US Constitution.

For example, most Americans agree the second invasion of Iraq was a mistake, but very few Americans view the soldiers who fought there in a political light. It needs to stay that way.

if somebody decides to join the Armed Forces, they need to check their politics at the door and Americans need to support those soldiers because the soldiers don't get to decide the orders; they're just doing their job to serve the Country in the way they were ordered to do so.

No politics one way or another. This country has been at war for over 100 years. screw any president sending troops to war without congressional approval. You are very brave and cavalier with other people’s loved ones.

Is it political not to want your son or daughter to go fight and die in another corrupt and useless war?
That would not be political at all. About 1973 I said we would never get into another war like Vietnam. That was 3 or 4 wars ago.

No politics one way or another. This country has been at war for over 100 years. screw any president sending troops to war without congressional approval. You are very brave and cavalier with other people’s loved ones.
You have no idea how my family has been affected by war. I have family born on foreign soil while their dad was on active duty. I have highly-decorated family in combat and those that were medical. I have family in the military right now and others that have recently finished their duty.

During WWII, my grandpa lied about his age to join so his parents wouldn't have to sign off. I bring that up to illustrate my point...

It is 100% normal to not want your child to go to war, that's why the Army makes commercials where the child is telling their parent why they want to enlist. Not wanting a child to go to war is a very reasonable feeling for a parent to have.

However, that doesn't mean soldiers should be politically motivated. Imagine how much weaker our military would be if we only had an influx of new soldiers when it was politically popular to a specific segment of our population. I can foresee that turning into a situation where we have an unprepared military until we're attacked and then everybody would join, but we'd have no experienced soldiers there to defend us.

Our military depends on a steady turn of voluntary soldiers, regardless of the politics of the day.

PS. If you want to have a separate conversation about a Congressional Declaration of War verses an Authorization of Military Force, that's really a separate discussion to have. Either way, the soldiers on the ground don't get to decide where they're sent to fight.

Last edited:
Marines are the presidents personal army he doesnt need congressional approval to send them. Anywhere in the world
lot of things the former president did without congressional approval but it was ok because it was trump right?

I don’t see what the problem is.
6CD1F598-E8BB-439D-BA55-D91046035A38.jpeg

I wouldn’t want any of my children to serve in a military for this countries government. Useless wars for money and the threat of it one day being turned on its own citizens from false flag operations like Jan 6th. I’m actually sitting here watching a WWII documentary. It’s sad what’s happened to us

The progressive left politicized the one institution that can never be politicized... but they did it. Purging the ranks of any soldier that doesn’t agree with their woke, trans, white privilege leftist ideology is gonna cost us dearly some day. When you witness the Afghanistan withdrawal debacle that cost 13 soldiers their lives... unnecessarily & the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs telling his CCP counterpart he would warn him of any potential US military action. Uh we got serious problems! Don’t blame anyone that doesn’t want their kid joining at this time in history

Marines are the presidents personal army he doesnt need congressional approval to send them. Anywhere in the world
lot of things the former president did without congressional approval but it was ok because it was trump right?
Say what you want about trump but he didn’t start any wars. Tell me how far back you have to go with democrat presidents to say the same thing

Wars appear to me to be bipartisan.

The armed forces are providing some pretty big perks to maintain the ranks.

The military is still an excellent opportunity for some folks, and I’m grateful to them, and we still need them.??

But I’m trying to find a good reason to be in the Ukraine. Lets recall that Trump was gutted for holding on to the $487 million revolutionary care package “we” decided they needed.

And I’m not buying the concept of “non-lethal military aid”.

We go to "war" now to protect our national interest, whatever that means. It's in our national interest to be energy independent and Biden threw that away.

My dad was a WWII vet and when I got drafted in 1968 during Vietnam, he offered me $10,000 cash to go to Canada. We got in a big argument. Now, looking back, I apologize dad. There is a difference between going to war and being a pawn for special interest.

I think everyone on earth should serve in a military for at least 2 yrs. Discipline and respect are lacking for all plus you never know when the next war will come to us.

And I think everyone on earth should be less concerned about personal gain taking advantage of others.

If people were less concerned with that, wars wouldn't happen...

Serving in today's Military ? I would do it but how many would have your back or would they cry ,complain or desert when it gets deadly ?

I’m anything but a Constitutional scholar however if I’m not mistaken, if we support the Constitution we support at all, not just the parts we like. I’m anything but pleased with the Democratic Party or any that support their platform. I hate it when the Demos are in control of the Executive and half of Congress, but as an American, and “all in on” the Constitution, there are parts of the. Constitution I have to support even though I don’t want to....when the Commander and Chief is a Democrat, but I have no choice. For me it’s all or nothing.

As wehave all often said, elections have consequences. Keeping elections honest is the most important part of national security, for that reason alone, besides all the other lessor reasons.

Think there some implications to protect our own borders in the job description somewhere. He gets ours all taken care of I’ll take the need for defending Ukrainian sovereignty a little more serious
I completely understand but unfortunately that not necessarily your choice, unless you’re going to throw it all out and start over.......like the revolutionaries want to do too.

Personally I’m still hoping to keep it and and restore it’s integrity. I’m not comfortable where we’ll end up if we hit the reset. Others say they are........... doesn’t sound like a wise choice , “yet”, but knock yourself out, just my opinion, which ain’t worth much, in the big picture.

We lost what we were a long time ago. I’m just interested in being left alone for the rest of time I’m here. We’ll see how that goes

Think there some implications to protect our own borders in the job description somewhere. He gets ours all taken care of I’ll take the need for defending Ukrainian sovereignty a little more serious
Wag the dog, for both Biden and Putin.

To answer the OP:

It is political to to say "corrupt and useless war"... I say that because there will obviously be 'the other side' saying it is not corrupt and useless. Morality is politicized on the daily. If one chooses to serve or not serve their country based upon the morality of the day, there will inherently be weakness in our forces when that morality changes...

That said, it is not political to worry about your loved ones and their safety/well-being. Especially if we are talking about life-threatening situations. Having 4 children, I may have to face that scenario one day...

Now the thread is political

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom