Is it worth 16 points?

Servehim

Very Active Member
My brother and I drew the late archery tags for deer ( NR) in 121 . Applied because the dates worked for our calendar. Love chasing them with our bows but now questioning if the quality in 121 is worth our once in a lifetime hunt . Please help give us guidance MM faithful. Pm probably best . Thanks in advance.

I think the odds are skewed across the west overall.

I really don't think any deer tag is truly worth 16 points.

But with that being said, turning it in and waiting until next year is no guarantee you'll draw anyway.

It may not be known for the biggest bucks in the west, but the dates are good and you should see plenty.

Give it hell.

121 is probably just as good as any of the surrounding units. And with the late archery date you should see good rut activity.
Keep in mind it could be very cold at that time.
I had the rifle tag years ago and killed a really nice buck. PM me and I’ll give you my thoughts on where to start looking.

Thank Buckhorn, I'm not a big computer guy. Any chance I could give you a call at your convenience to chat?. Ordering maps Monday as I am old school and love studying paper maps . I have and use OnX but my brain works better on big picture paper maps. Again thank you for offering up some starting points . Planning a week or so scouting trip second week of July .

Buckhorn won't steer you wrong..spent a day with him on a hunt last year and enjoyed every minute of it.

I've gotten so much help from the MM faithful over the years , most of these guys are awesome. I have also steered a few NR guys into great hunts over the years Thanks I plan to pursue any tidbits he throws my way !!

Thank Buckhorn, I'm not a big computer guy. Any chance I could give you a call at your convenience to chat?. Ordering maps Monday as I am old school and love studying paper maps . I have and use OnX but my brain works better on big picture paper maps. Again thank you for offering up some starting points . Planning a week or so scouting trip second week of July .
I sent you a PM.
Click the red envelope icon at the top.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom