Is Region "F" really that bad?

springer

I don't see or ever hear much chatter about Region "F" deer hunting? Have the wolves had that big of an impact?

Probably too much private land but only a guess other than wolves and Grizzly.

Brian

2yy7c76.jpg

It's not that bad, but it's not that good either.

There are not many deer in the public land areas, and it's tough to find even a small four-point.

There can be a lot of deer, both whitetail and mulies, in the river bottoms on private land. Nothing giant down there either but higher quantities of deer.

I guess it depends on your expectations. If you're a CA guy then you may think you died and went to heaven. But if your expecting to be passing up 3 pointers all day long then you'd be disappointed.

I've hunted Region F around Cody. Based on my experience I agree it's probably not a trophy unit, but I did see two of the biggest deer I ever seen just a few miles outside of Cody just as the sun went down.

Area has both muleys and whitetails. I've filled my tag every time I've been in that region without difficulty. A couple mule deer and a whitetail. I haven't hunted it in several years (probably 8 years ago was the last time) but I always saw lots of deer even if they weren't all trophy quality. I've seen a lot of 3 and 4 points but they don't usually have a lot of mass.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom