Is this legal? What would you do?

HorseCreek

Very Active Member
I just watched three guys shoot m-80 bombs at a couple hundred deer while filming it with a drone.
Is this legal on private property?
Even if it is, it pissed me off pretty bad watching all those deer running around in the sage scared sh!tless.
This was of course in intarsia.

Traditional >>>------->

When Bombarded with M-80's I'm sure it sent them in to a dead Run!

Did any Sheds hit the Ground?

I Guess it's the New Way/Trick!

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

Unless they sought permission to harass and disperse due to crop damage, I'd call it illegal wildlife harassment.

When I first heard the booms they were down in a back field spooking them up in the sage. They hiked around and then back up in to the sage hills and continued shooting. Not much crop damage this time of year. They just started spreading manure today. Irrigation hasn't started yet.

Traditional >>>------->

LAST EDITED ON Mar-30-15 AT 09:42PM (MST)[p]Call your local game warden and report and let him decide if it was illegal. It will not be long before those pregnant does will be dropping fawns and there is a chance some may abort if chased too much.

You want a bet those idiots post that film on YouTube.

RELH

I'm sorry I don't get the "intarsia" joke... :-(

Since M-80s are illegal in the U.S., it must be a Canada thing..?? If not, you should report it simply due to the use of M-80s.

I hope you have already reported it to your local wildlife authority. We are not the proper venue to ask if this is illegal or not. I would have to say that you should be as specific as possible, providing names if possible, because it sounds illegal as all-get-out.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

>I just watched three guys shoot
>m-80 bombs at a couple
>hundred deer while filming it
>with a drone.
>Is this legal on private property?
>
>Even if it is, it pissed
>me off pretty bad watching
>all those deer running around
>in the sage scared sh!tless.
>
>This was of course in intarsia.
>
>
>Traditional >>>------->

Hopefully I had video and I would report and do all I could to help with the investigation! Let the law enforce,met officers determine the legality of the situation! I would have been on the phone as it was happening!

Or...likely they weren't M80s at all, but legal reports used, and issued, might I add, by the DWR for the direct purpose of curbing depredation.

Maybe you ought to go tell those guys thanks for trying non-lethal means instead of requesting 50 doe depredation tags.

Or...maybe you're right and its just down right coldhearted harassment of wildlife.

Before we hang em, we might need to thank em and before we do either we definitely need more info and less speculation.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-31-15 AT 02:29PM (MST)[p]My guess is those "M-80s" were legal reports, sometimes called seal bombs. The DWR issues them to landowners who have problems with deer on their property.

There might not be a risk of crop damage in your opinion, but since you're not the farmer its not your call, or mine. In the winter the deer can be havoc on orchards and other things you think the deer would not damage. The "harassment" of wildlife is better then the old timer grandpa just saying to hell with it and starting to mow them down with a 30 carbine or similar high capacity weapon. Trust me on this one, ;)

Oh and by the way there is enough case law in Utah that the landowner will likely get off scott free if the DWR hasn't tried their best to help get the deer off the property and he starts killing them.

I didn't have film of them doing it. I'm only in Utah for a few days. My scope and camera is in the AZ house. It was private property but where the deer ran up in the sage I'm not sure if it was private or not. They stood at the fence line and filmed with the drone and shot off the explosives. I used the term "m-80" cuz that's what I called them as a kid. We would steal some from my friends uncle that were loaded into shotgun shells for the purpose of spooking game off his fields. I won't go into how we used them. :)
I'm not saying they're guilty of anything other than I felt it was excessive use of the explosives and filming it was quite over the top.
My concern was/is the pregnant doe running around in panick. We had a very mild winter so they should be in great health. But then again you never know. I have two dead deer this winter on my 3 acres.

Traditional >>>------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom