Is this the same elk?

Joe2Kool

Very Active Member
Checked my East TN trail cams for the first time since mid-April. The first pic is from May of last year. Second pic is May of this year. Same place. Not a lot of elk in the area, but they seem to come through late spring/early summer.

MTC_0115.JPG

MTC_0234.JPG

I think you guys are right. Different brow tines.

Maybe one year I'll draw one of the 14 TN tags! :)

Different bulls, bull in '21 has a big extra coming off his 4th on his left side. Bull in '22 doesn't. That's not definitive but I would say Different.

Different bulls, bull in '21 has a big extra coming off his 4th on his left side. Bull in '22 doesn't. That's not definitive but I would say Different.
Wow just realized they are different years. That casts a lot more doubt on how sure I was they are different. I still think they are different bulls but my confidence level in that is maybe little more than a coin toss

That’s pretty cool you found him at all. Elk there must be like a needle in a haystack. Well done.

We usually get several elk pics during the summer, but rare after say August. Not sure why, there isn't an elk season in this area.

The last several years, we've got some nice looking ones. Maybe not Arizona limited draw nice, but for East TN, I think these are pretty nice!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom