IS YETI THE BEST COOLER???

I think any of the double walled “yeti” styles are great… just depends what you want yours to say on the side of it

I bought a 170 quart rotomolded cooler from webrestaurant.com. Brand is Cater Gater. Check em out. It’s bad ass and 1/3 the price. They all will perform very similar

I have both Yeti and Canyon, although one is a knock off or copy, I’m not sure which. You can make any ice chest work well. I had no idea until one friend showed me that in order for an ice chest to work, everything has to be cold from the get go. His method involves even putting his cooler into the chest freezer to get it nice and cold and all of the cans and bottles are refrigerated before they go into it with the ice. He showed me this trick on a wal mart ice chest and the ice lasted over 5 days.

Yes.

And I own copycats like rtic, lost creek. And good stuff like orca.

No one is copycatting RTIC. Or lifetime. They copycat YETI.

But damn they are proud of their stuff

The One I Kinda Want & Need is 750.00 No Matter Where You Buy it!

(((How Much is That PISSCUTTER Worth?:D)))

I Had To Laugh at PC a few Years Ago!

He Claimed To Have Found The Best Cooler Ever!

He Said It Would Hold 3-4 Hundred Budweisers!:D

I’ve done my research and testing seems objective. I’ve had rtic and yeti and now this cater gator and the difference is unnoticed. I know someone who owns a yeti and a lifetime, testing showed equal results. My understanding too is the owner of rtic cofounded yeti. BTW

Cordova coolers are made in Idaho and the company was started by a Navy Seal. Yeti is made in China, just saying!

I have Cordovas and they're awesome!

I have a canyon that's awesome. Good points made above, I freeze my own blocks that fit perfectly in the bottom, not store bought. I cool / freeze everything prior to loading , I load it in the backseat of my truck completely wrapped in a thick sleeping bag. I generally take large Tupperware type containers with frozen stews etc. If truck is parked in the shade , windows opened when it gets hot during the day , my ice lasts 2 weeks. Drain water every couple of days also open and close ice chest quickly.

I dunno that there is a big difference between the copycats and Yeti when it comes to insulation performance. The only real difference I have found is efficiency of space. The standard Yeti's don't have extra lips, notches, whatever- which is what most of the copycats add to differentiate themselves. To me, they take up extra inches of packing space without adding anything I find of value.

That said, those high-end coolers last forever, are bullet proof, and hold temps 2X longer than cheap coolers. Worth the money? Over 20 years, I think so...

Yeti’s are the best, they’ll keep you safe from rolling down the ravine even more…
AF786837-4580-4669-BE29-0C4B55770FE8.jpeg

FB724DB6-1B0B-47EF-B07A-E626DC2C5E73.jpeg

I have a canyon that's awesome. Good points made above, I freeze my own blocks that fit perfectly in the bottom, not store bought. I cool / freeze everything prior to loading , I load it in the backseat of my truck completely wrapped in a thick sleeping bag. I generally take large Tupperware type containers with frozen stews etc. If truck is parked in the shade , windows opened when it gets hot during the day , my ice lasts 2 weeks. Drain water every couple of days also open and close ice chest quickly.
That’s so true. Draining the water is a must for ice survival. Also keeping the dang thing shut.

I have a Yeti 65 that I used to put a Traeger Ranger on top of, to cook, when I went hunting/camping. One particular time that I did, the Ranger got super hot and melted the complete top of the Yeti, enough that the legs melted 1/2" into it. Completely warped the lid and basically ruined the cooler because it wouldn't seal worth a damn and ice didn't last long after that. I called Yeti in hopes that I could just buy a new lid for it since the bottom "tub" of it was fine. I hated to throw the whole thing away. They told me that they don't just sell the lid but send it pictures and see if it's warrantied. I told them ,"I put a bbq on top of it and it got too hot and it melted, it's not a warranty issue. It's 100% my fault." They asked me to send in photos anyways and next thing I know, they send me an email basically saying, "Sorry to see what happened to your cooler. Just this one time, we will warranty your cooler and send you out a replacement as soon as you send yours back". They could have easily said, "Sorry idiot, you're on your own. Hopefully you learn from your mistakes and you don't do it again!" but they were awesome and stood behind their product. Not many companies do that anymore and that number is shrinking.
After that, I vowed to be a Yeti owner and supporter when ever I find the chance. They might cost more and other coolers might even work better, I honestly don't know, but I know Yeti's work great and they had my back. Worth every penny to me now.

They're all good. We stopped with the yeti for one reason, the 110 is to damn heavy especially when it's loaded. It's a teamwork effort to move it around if ya have to
Same for me with the Pelican. I hunt by myself a good bit & that freakin’ thing was just too much for me to handle easily by myself.

I have a few Grizzly coolers. Same complaint as others... heavy as hell when loaded. They work really well when prepped (pre-cooled) correctly. They are made in America and have a lifetime warranty. Yeti is made overseas and I believe their warranty is 5 years or so. Regardless, the rotomolded coolers are better than the old Colemans or igloos. I still have two 150qt igloos I use for packing meat.

Jim

I've got a 140qt Orca that I lined the bottom with frozen water bottles, then put my "refrigerated" items on top of them and a moving blanket on top. 17 days hunting in AZ and the water bottles were still frozen after the trip. Gotta keep it closed though, can't have someone like my kid that stands in front of the refrigerator with the door open for 10 minutes deciding if he wants something..

i ain't spending $500 or more on a damn cooler. my giant coleman (or whatever it is) keeps things cold. i use frozen water bottles and keep a big sleeping bag over it. throw in game bags and top with as much ice as will fit. drive home 2 hours. drain water as needed.

How the hell did he do that? I’m no accident investigator, but my driveway is more difficult to negotiate than that road.
Good question Blue...
That's my middle boy and he said there was wash up the road a bit and he went to navigate around it, hit a rock that through him into a two wheel rodeo that eventually sent him over...

The officer and him pushed it over onto the wheels and he drove it out...

Good question Blue...
That's my middle boy and he said there was wash up the road a bit and he went to navigate around it, hit a rock that through him into a two wheel rodeo that eventually sent him over...

The officer and him pushed it over onto the wheels and he drove it out...
Well, at least he turned the engine off. I woulda greased the u-joints before I turned it back over. :)

A D-8 will only idle for about 2 minutes on its side before it craters.:oops:

I've got a pre lawsuit RTIC 65 and a couple of the bigger Cordova's. I run the two head to head all of the time. The Cordova consistently outperforms the RTIC. As with all coolers, pre-cooling and keeping them closed makes all of the difference. When I was younger and worked on remote logging jobs, I used to have to make that ice last the whole week in the regular ole Igloo's. burying them up to the lid in the shade and putting an old sleeping bag over the lid worked extremely well.

After tearing the lids off several Igloo and Coleman coolers just driving down the road with them in the back of the truck, I finally realized that I would spend more replacing cheap coolers than I would buying a Yeti. No regrets. It is bulletproof and it stays cold much longer than any other I have owned.

10 Days in With The New YETI 160 & It was Down to a couple of Gallons Of Ice Left!

I Didn't Shade It & The Temps were in the Low 90's by mid-afternoon!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom