Island Park Grizzly Killed

Tikka

Long Time Member
A guy worked with about ten yrs. ago was hunting black bear in Montana with his two boy's... They spotted a bear a long ways out and the two boys went after it... Many hours later the guy I worked with hadn't heard anything from his two boy's on the radio...
He drove his truck around the mountain and finally goy radio signal with them, they were franticly calling for help... One brother had been attacked by a grizzly and had messed up his face quite a bit... He ended up loosing one of his ears...

I couldn't imagine being in that situation....

Last edited:
No mention of the attack in the article Tikka? SS says we still don't need a season yet, JFYI.

No mention of the attack in the article Tikka? SS says we still don't need a season yet, JFYI.
Show me one time where I said you don’t need a season.

That’s right I never did…

Sorry my writing skills aren’t the best… My story of my coworker and his boys happened about ten years ago or maybe even longer…
I was bringing it up just for conversation along with the current grizzly attach…

My problem with this whole thing is this. The elk hunting around Stamp Meadows sucks right now. Not the time of the year to look for them down low, and in the super thick timber along roads. Still lots of touristy types there also. You know it's been a problem area, why go there??

Much better up on all the timbered slopes of Sawtelle Peak, Yale Kilgore Road, and several others. I have a bunch of friends that have taken elk already this season in those locations.

Oh well, it is what it is. She ran into a cloud of bear spray, and didn't stop so she got what she deserved - DEAD!!! I just feel bad for the cubs, so there's some more that will never get to live their lives in the wilds!!

A guy worked with about ten yrs. ago was hunting black bear in Montana with his two boy's... They spotted a bear a long ways out and the two boys went after it... Many hours later the guy I worked with hadn't heard anything from his two boy's on the radio...
He drove his truck around the mountain and finally goy radio signal with them, they were franticly calling for help... One brother had been attacked by a grizzly and had messed up his face quite a bit... He ended up loosing one of his ears...

I couldn't imagine being in that situation....

Wow I that would be an intense situation for sure glad they are alright

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom