Israel's Olmert says peace deal never closer

H

huntindude

Israeli PM Olmert is having face to face meetings with Palistinian leadership in France and he says a peace deal has never been closer. He says an agreement may be made by the end of the year.

No I'm not dumb enough to think it's a sure thing ,its going to be long road that very likely will fail but it could also be the first step to a lasting agreement. they don't have to like each other they just have to coexist and I hope we do everything within our power to see to it this succeeds. it's cheaper than never ending war. this is all good

LAST EDITED ON Jul-13-08 AT 11:08AM (MST)[p]I agree, it would be good if they could reach an agreement that both sides would honor and live with.

RELH

The problems is that PM Olmert probably won't be part of any peace discussion because he will be looking through prison bars by the end of the year.

Nemont

I must stop...Dupe you are like a bad smell on my hands and I can't stop from smelling it. Geez a politicain...said it so must be true. It is about several things, money like always, POPULATION dynamics (most important factor) and a population thats has made it thier suicide mission in life to put hate infront of everything else. It might be a bandaid on an arterial spurt. But of course you know these things because you have spent lot of time in the middle east speaking person to person with these people and would never just take at face value what you read on the internet.

fictionwriter you're the most negative person on here, I've had the label since I won't join in on the sing alongs but you're worse. there is no down side to what Olmert is saying.

Did I say it was going to be a cake walk? did I say it would work? no I said I hope it does. Olmert is the Isreali PM at the moment as Nemont correctly says , and if Olmert is saying this why should I not believe him? peace with Palistine isn't even what every Isreali wants so lying wouldn't be that much of a political gain for him anyway, but maybe Olmert actually wants peace and sees it within reach? we get a little shred of hope in the true ground zero in the war against the Muslim extremist and this is the best you can do, what a loser.

Nemont, I agree Olmert may not last to see this through and his replacement may not be as willing to make it happen. that would be unfortunate, it's going to be hard enough as it is. never the less there is reason for hope dispite what some bottom feeder may say.

Its a religious thing, not the Israel Palistine thing but the people like adventurewriter, they believe that the second coming and armaggedon are all tied to that conflict and there is no use trying. actually Its good to see they keep trying to find peace it may happen sometime, look at where Europe was at one time compared to now, the world changes all the time, these days faster than ever

Piper, you are right about it being a religious thing, but you are wrong on what religions. It is the Jewish/Muslim issue that has/will keep this from every beinig peaceful. They haven't got along since long before Adventurewriter was even born.

dude as usual is wrong also, he said the Israeli people don't want peace, which is absurd. They want peace, just not at the expensive of being wiped off the earth, which is the ONLY thing that will make the Muslim world be happy about the Jews.

I as a Christian pray for peace over there every day. I have NO desire for 'Armageddon' to take place while I or my children are on this planet. Makes for good liberal spin though.

PRO

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

Pro,
I'm with you. I pray for peace everyday, even though I don't see it happening. However, Dude was right on and AW seems to be hell bent on making an argument out of everything.

DC

dude accusing someone else of being argumentive is akin to Obama accusing someone of flip flopping. And, piper is little more than dudes little shadow.

PRO

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

Pro as always you shooting you mouth off without reading what was said. I said SOME Israelis don't want peace, some want all the Palistinians dead and gone just as many Palistinians wish the same of the Israelis. there has long been a division in Israel over how to handle Palistine, leadership has changed with the political wind on this for years. a growing number of younger more liberal Israelis are pushing for peace and no doubt Olmert takes this into account when he says never before has peace been closer. I didn't make this up the PM of Israel said it, no doubt you and fictionwriter have a better handle on it than the main player in the game.

Being argumentitive is to debate, being a jerk bent on personal attacks is another. I'll lower myself to take part in ther personal crap that goes on around here but I try to never start it, if I do start it call me on it and I'll quit. it doesn't offend me in fact it can be entertaining, but it's juvinile and some people don't care for it so I'll try harder.

Most all of the problems we are having stem from a book called the Koran and a religion called Islam. This is a perverted religon based in hate and power over all others. It plainly states in the Koran that if a Muslem comes up against a non believer he is to offer the non beliver 3 options.
1. Convert to Islam
2. pay Diminutude (a tax to be paid to be left alone from number 3)
3. Death

This type of crap is not found in any other religon.

Hence: there will never be peace in the middle east as long as there are Muslims, and especially not with the Jews.

Like the Crusades, the only way to control this perverted religon is to keep them penned down in the middle east. The Crusaders drove them out of Europe. Now look at Europe, they are about to be taken over, they are being out bred 10 to 1 in the EU. The EU has gone secular and now are on the verge of falling to Islam.

"dude, nothing we can say will make us like as childish/silly as the rants you post. We HAVE posted the parts, you chose to ignore them. We get it, you like soldiers that sell out their fellow soldiers for political gain, and you hate or hold in contempt those that take a stand. We get that you manage to see NOTHING but bad in Republicans, and nothing put pure and honorable intentions from fellow limp wristed libs. We got it already, now move on."
(PRO July 3, 2008)

>Piper, you are right about it
>being a religious thing, but
>you are wrong on what
>religions. It is the Jewish/Muslim
>issue that has/will keep this
>from every beinig peaceful. They
>haven't got along since long
>before Adventurewriter was even born.
>
>
>dude as usual is wrong also,
>he said the Israeli people
>don't want peace, which is
>absurd. They want peace, just
>not at the expensive of
>being wiped off the earth,
>which is the ONLY thing
>that will make the Muslim
>world be happy about the
>Jews.
>
>I as a Christian pray for
>peace over there every day.
>I have NO desire for
>'Armageddon' to take place while
>I or my children are
>on this planet. Makes for
>good liberal spin though.
>
>PRO
>

+1.

After how many thousand years of near constant war, I think they'll make it work now... not.

202 you've been telling me for years that Iraq was ground zero for the war on terrorism and the lovely Iraqis will become our allie in the region. you say the model democracy Iraq will become will stabilize the region and turn the tide in our favor.

Now you say all Muslims hate us and there's no dealing with them so forget about the Israel/Palistine peace deal, WTF? if I didn't know better I'd think you were just blowing a political smoke screen to defend the disaster we know as Iraq? are we going to all hold hands and sing in the middle east or not?

No peace for Israel, pure bliss for the US do to Iraq? please explain, while you're at it explain why Afghanistan is not going so well now that Iraq has calmed down? wasn't that the war on terrorism front? did the front move? will it move again? do tell

dude, do you even pay attention to what you post? zigga said: "Its a religious thing, not the Israel Palistine thing but the people like adventurewriter, they believe that the second coming and armaggedon are all tied to that conflict and there is no use trying. actually Its good to see they keep trying to find peace it may happen sometime, look at where Europe was at one time compared to now, the world changes all the time, these days faster than ever."

Then you wrote, "I think you're exactly right, I wish they'd come out and say it."

What other conclusion was I to make based on those comments? Try and follow your own 'logic' before lecturing me, kind of like Ted Kennedy lecturing people about drinking responsibly. Nonsensical at best!

PRO

Hang on I'm gonna grab some beer and pizza. I'll be right back.

Ok I'm back lets get this show on the road "DUDE vs PRO"

Ok I haven't had a drink but that doesn't make sense, or are you saying the end is near? I know some of you think it because the street preacher was yelling it at me when I drove past him the other day, was one of you working the intersection on the west side of town Friday?

Those of us left behind when you get beamed up still have to make things work so we're going to do our best as if the world wasn't coming to and end. or maybe it's wasted energy, what does happen once you beam up? monsters ? world implodes? sun burns out? I'm not sure what I'm going to have to deal with so I better have a plan.

OK, back on track, why is Iraq going to be a screaming success but Israel has no hope of peace ever? the Palistinians are poorer than dirt and the Iraqis with their oil and us paying their bills will be rich and independent, I'd think Palistine has way more insentive to reach a deal than Iraq does, if Israel is willing to stop building on their land and work hard to secure peace I see hope, a little hope anyway.

Don't preach love and peace in Iraq to me then tell me peace with Muslims is hopeless. Palistine is where it all started, it's where peace must start if it's ever going to happen. I'm cautiously optimistic it could work , explain the difference to me since you avoided that one for some reason.

is the end coming
? i need to know so i can pull my cash out of the bank. watch iran towards the election!

Dude first of all I thought we were talking about Palastine and Israel.
Next what part of having Iraq as an ally and keeping islam penned down in the middleeast do you not understand? Must I explain every minute detail to you?
To you Afaganastan is a riteous war and now you are against it as well. You and the leftist in the media only see the bad. The good in Afganastan is way out in front of the bad my friend. Get a life, or better yet get an argument!

"dude, nothing we can say will make us like as childish/silly as the rants you post. We HAVE posted the parts, you chose to ignore them. We get it, you like soldiers that sell out their fellow soldiers for political gain, and you hate or hold in contempt those that take a stand. We get that you manage to see NOTHING but bad in Republicans, and nothing put pure and honorable intentions from fellow limp wristed libs. We got it already, now move on."
(PRO July 3, 2008)

Way to side step, what part of Iraq your imaginary world has Islam penned down? I really want to hear this.

I am and always have been behind the war in Afghanistan and the hunt for Bin Laden, even if 7 years later it's only symbolic. even your demon Obama says Afghanistan is a war we must win, I agree. Iraq not only had nothing to do with it you can safely say it's the reason Afghanistan is getting worse, because we spent 6 years in the wrong place.

202 the wheels are coming off your cart, why peace in Israel/Palistine isn't posssible if it is in Iraq? I think it's more likely due to necessity why do you disagree? nothing you say fits together, you're only practicing partisan politics with no reflection of the facts. you better come up with a new spin because every day that passes shows just how wrong you've been , or does the kool aid work so well you'll never see reality?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom