Its about money

T

Timbolero

I've been trying to follow this Arizona/USO thing and thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.This is all about the money,Arizona GF&P wants all it can get,like most Game depts.do,USO wants all it can get.The hunters on this forum who have the bucks to spend seem to think they are entitled to all the tags they can buy.And if they could just get those pesky poor boy resident hunters out of the picture they would have em.Ramshorn says his Arizona buddies want higher resident fees so there wont be as many applicants,I'm guessing they have plenty of money also,and could get more tags if those damn poor folks would be priced out of the running.It seems like were seeing the day when only the rich will hunt in America.All this sniping back and forth and no on will come out and say whats really in the back of their minds.Well,I'll put it out there for myself.Alot of resident hunters in these western states dont make alot of money,they dont want to see resident fees go up and price them AND THEIR CHILDREN out of hunting.And they are really sick of seeing moneyed folks,resident AND nonresident scarfing up all the best hunting with leases and guided hunts.Chances are if you got mad over that last statement....you have money!So,if you take a GF&P that WANTS money,add rich hunters who will SPEND big money and outfitters who CHARGE big money.....THEN THE MONEY WINS EVERYTIME! The losers are the everyday guy with a couple of kids that wants to raise his kids like HE was raised,in a hunting family,with old fashioned values,and a love of the HUNT and the OUTDOORS.Instead all were teaching these kids is a love of money...."Cuz ya know little Johnny,if you wanta play,ya gotta PAY!" You rich bastards rail on this one if ya want I dont give a s**t what you think!

Amen! Talk about unfortunate. Makes me sick to be honest with ya.

EG

campfire2.gif
"You're welcome at my fire anytime!"

If it was all about money here, Arizona G&F would give 90% of the tags to NR.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-04 AT 12:55PM (MST)[p]If it was about money 99% of tags would go to residents. Residents and 99% resident member affialiated wildlife groups sponsor 99% of the habitat projects here. Residents show up for G&F volunteer projects, saving valuable man hours and time for our G&F. Residents use operation game thief more than NR's. Residents in general make the day to day job of 90% of the AZGFD employees easier. Most of the residents here wold pay 5 or 6 times what we pay to hunt now as residents if it meant making NR prices go up exponentially. That is the sad truth and it was brought about by USO.

Bret M.

Zim,There sure isnt anything new about it.But it seems to me some things just shouldnt go to the highest bidder.Thats pretty simplistic,but I'm not the most eloquent in getting my thoughts across to people.

Bullwidgeon,In terms of volunteer effort and time/money saved by AZGFD I'm sure you are correct,and thats something not always figured into this discussion.I do know that some states make 2-3 times as much money selling nonresident tags as they do selling resident tags.A full accounting of all money and hours spent ,such as the volunteer work you mentioned and other factors would be helpfull.But it all needs to be weighed with common sense in regards to the human factor,and the needs of wildlife management.

Unfortunately Timbolero is right about the money issue. Zim, you hailing from Indiana puts you in a no-lose situation but for the people in western states, we have already went through years of not drawing and still put our time in for wildlife conservation groups, public meetings, raffles, auctions etc... to help our herds. It is very very hard to explain to my two sons why they arent able to go out and hunt over the counter let alone explain the lottery system then tell them their chances just became even worse because our state "Discriminates" against non-residents. This is about money and the losers will be the average joe and the wildlife if AZGFD does not implement good sound practices for 2005 and forward........ Thanks, Allen Taylor......

Bura Nut, Good post and I agree. Hopefully Arizona can do something in 2005 to ensure the average joe hunters' future not only in your state but every other Western state.

I thought archery deer tags were over the counter there. As a bowhunter, I'd think that would be a pretty good deal to be able to take kids every year. Am I wrong about that? Seems a guy could hunt the Strip every year.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-04 AT 09:35PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-04 AT 09:33?PM (MST)

Zim, you seem to think you know quite a bit about Western states being from Indiana. I've been reading your stupid comments in the other thread. You're just trying to stir up the pot aren't you? I would watch it a little bit if I were you or you might be the one being hunted on your buffalo hunt here in Utah. LOL!!!

Do you know WHY archery deer tags are over OTC here? Because the statewide success rate is less than 8%.

I get the feeling if YOU were a resident of one of the 9th Circuit States, you'd being crying like Richard Simmons at a San Fran wedding.

While I dont agree with Zim, and I am not an AZ resident, I absolutely respect the fact that he is not afraid to voice his opinion. I can guarantee you that there are a lot of people out there that are quietly applauding the decision but do not have the nads to stand up and say so. I dont think that Zim has been any more over the top than some of the residents of AZ tossing out vague threats about whats going to happen to non-resident hunters in AZ.

Drummond

I've stayed out of the AZ fracas up to this point, but it's obviously all about money. USO has a stack of clients with wads of cash just waiting to buy the best tags across the West. More tags = more money for USO, plain and simple. Didn't draw in AZ?, no problem, just shell out the $$ to apply to NV, UT, WY, etc. Hunting is quickly becoming a sport reserved for the wealthy. Someone just paid $81,000 for ONE deer license in Utah. http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID6/8202.html You can bet the Utah game and fish people are grinning from ear to ear. With this kind of money being spent, you can bet we'll see more and more of these licenses put up for auction. Elk and deer have become a commodity to be sold to the highest bidder. You want to shoot a trophy? No problem, if your pockets are deep enough.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom