Its July, when you headed scouting!!?

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
Well scouting season has arrived. I will be heading out in a week for 4 days. Can't wait to see all the pics of bucks in velvet. When you guys headed out?

I dont go in the swamps this time of year down here on the Gulf Coast. Skeeters, Deer Flies, Cottonmouths, heat and humidity. Absolutely Brutal.

My scouting is pretty much almost done but will hopefully check cameras once more. Archery season starts next Saturday!

Love the mountain. Zion unit. Saw 1 decent buck and several little ones

71D9F651-ED25-4ECF-87F7-166FCA5EC6A4.jpeg

I'll have some trail cams out at the end of this month but actually I'm scouting the Muleys and antelope year round

I usually head out in August to check things out in my elk spot. I drew an early season rifle deer tag for Northern Utah. Not sure if that was a good idea or not? Never hunted that hunt before. Guess we’ll see how tough it is to turn up a buck with all those elk hunters clowning around lol! Not so sure I can do too much scouting that will do me any good for that hunt.

Yes.....the last three days I’ve had about an inch total at my place.....other areas have more. I know Pinetop-Lakeside got hammered today with a good storm......dumped a lot of water in a short amount of time.

When I find out what I drew in AZ will dictate when I go to scout for that hunt. Right now I only know that I drew, but I have no idea when, where or if it is for muley or coues.
Fortunately, none of my other hunts require any scouting.

When I find out what I drew in AZ will dictate when I go to scout for that hunt. Right now I only know that I drew, but I have no idea when, where or if it is for muley or coues.
Fortunately, none of my other hunts require any scouting.
Every forest and all state and BLM land in the state is closed to all entry right now.....hopefully they’ll lift it when we get enough moisture.

Every forest and all state and BLM land in the state is closed to all entry right now.....hopefully they’ll lift it when we get enough moisture.
Thank you for the info. I had no idea… In the past few weeks we have had a few decent rainfalls here in Vegas. Hopefully the monsoon will get going soon & they will lift the recreational ban.

Got NR deer permit in Wyo- went to visit parents and do some scouting in Wyoming Range. About 20 combined hours of hiking in country 9-10K elevation. Saw a dozen deer, 40+ elk, 3 moose, wolf and bear tracks. First time using camera like I was hunting- most photos are very long range (up to 1000 yards). Clearly a little early to gauge trophy quality in area, but nice to see so much game.
ScoutDeer.jpg
ScoutOther.jpg

Roy: its closed for threat of fire by users? wow
Yes sir, full closure. Apparently they don’t have the resources to evacuate campers if another fire starts, monitor illegal campfires, dragging trailer chains, etc. There’s over 20 burning right now in the state.

Yes sir, full closure. Apparently they don’t have the resources to evacuate campers if another fire starts, monitor illegal campfires, dragging trailer chains, etc. There’s over 20 burning right now in the state.
Holy carp man. I’m not use to that stuff living on the east coast

I put out some cameras over memorial weekend and just checked them the other day. I only got one 2 point on the trail cams but I did see a couple very nice bucks and one of them is already on my hit list. I spotted him about a mile away right at dark. So far he has 8 point on one side and 6 on the other. I did get a couple impressive bull elk on camera and got some video of them too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom