it's over now...

M

manny15

well the season's over here in C-1, both my son's took quality bucks, both bucks were 4 points with good mass.

We spent the last five days chasing a between 24" to 26" wide monster, my youngest son took a 19" 1/2 - 4 point by mistake, he thought it was the wide buck, we had just watched the big buck bed down in a saddle about 600 yrds away. We decided to come up from the back side of the hill, I told my son to veere left alittle as I went to the right, we hadn't gone 50 yrds when I herd my son fire off two shots.

I heard my son say he's down!, well I was excited to think my son just took the big buck, but I was confused on how he seen the buck so soon, when he was on a saddle about 150 yrds farther away, just as I took the shell out of the chamber of my 7 mag, I heard him say oops' he's not the wide one but he's the best buck I've ever taken.

That was saturday afternoon, it took us 4 hours to get the buck out of that draw, We never saw the bruiser again, though I tried Sunday. we had alittle Competition in the area from some MM.com fans who made me promise not to say where this all took place, they also took some decent bucks.

I didn't fill my tag but we passed up about 6 shooter's, I feel content to just have spent this hunting season with my two boys, who are becoming men and starting their own life's now, but they wanted to spend this hunting season with the old man.

(p.s) I'll have some pic's by the end of the week.........

Well congrats to your sons!!! Sounds as if you guys had a good hunt. Hope you get the pics up soon would love to see them.. Sounds like everyone had a good hunt up there in C-1, my cousin who lives in Klamath Falls trys to get me hunt up there he loves that area very much his self. Like I said congrats to evryone
curtis

feel proud of your boys manny. I'm glad you are having experiences that will be fond memories.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom