It's that Hatch green Chile time again..

Blank

Long Time Member
Spent the day with the wife, putting up and freezing our supply of Hatch green chiles. We have got so many good recipes to try this year. Yummy!!!

2A725AC2-EBEE-4445-BCA0-7A8E4C87D78A.jpeg

I have 12- 1 gallon bags of roasted green chillier in my freezer. We use them on everything. Best biscuits and gravy every with chilies in the gravy.

The smell of roasting chilis is in the air here too. I used to roast my own but my liver made me stop.

I purchased 3 bushels ( @ 40 lb bags) and do so every year. I live in NM so we get da Best . Sad part is I get so many family and friends who have moved away ( many due to our wacky Leftist leaders) that need their chile fix.....guess who they call to solve the problem. I feel their pain .

Their Salsa that is extra hot is the bomb I bought a couple of jars of that when I ordered the chili's and I put it on everything.
The x-tra hot are really not all that hot.

Anyone is welcome to use it any time. I have lots of junk.

Now that I am getting a little long in the tooth, the boss is getting a little concerned. Mumbles things about my legacy being a yard sale.

But it'll be damn good one. (y)
That's funny.

Anyone is welcome to use it any time. I have lots of junk.

Now that I am getting a little long in the tooth, the boss is getting a little concerned. Mumbles things about my legacy being a yard sale.

But it'll be damn good one. (y)
I'll take the roaster LOL let her know to call me........I'll carry on the legacy although I believe we are about the same age......

Hi Blank: I have roasted and sweated green chili's in a plastic bag in freezer for 2 yrs. Never got around to using them. Think they are worth thawing and trying to use? Shame to waste them.. Friend gave to us roasted and sweated... Thanks

Heading home from Kansas. Thinking some Hatch meals sound wonderful. HCM: were your chiles sealed up pretty good? Thinking they should still be OK. Might be prime for some rellenos or other stuffed recipes with lots of cheese or sauce.

They are in a Ziploc is all, I think. Bit of frost in there. I will try a couple before Workin on all of them. Thanks everybody

All this talk got me craving. Had rotisserie chicken left, so added in cheddar and cream cheese, a little sour cream, and Mexican spice. Layered in fresh tortillas, peppers, filling and repeated. Finish with more cheese on top. Added in a Caesar salad to boot. Yummy!!!

48381BEB-1A89-4333-99A0-3881A47736C1.jpeg

AFAEB9AB-39EE-4D62-9379-6EE4885F9214.jpeg

2DFBCC38-4F21-4B0E-9BBA-AC636A85392B.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom