J10 FHL youth hunt

GunSlinger

My daughter drew this hunt and I have a few questions about it if anyone is willing to share. Does the base point the kids in the right direction or is it a free for all? How’s scouting prior too since it is on the base? Thank you for your help. -Tim

Technically, scouting isn't allowed and probably the best deer areas they open to youth probably won't be open to pig or general deer hunters (archery or rifle). I had the elk hunt last year and both the biologist (Jim) and DFG warden (Jason) were very helpful.

Technically, scouting isn't allowed and probably the best deer areas they open to youth probably won't be open to pig or general deer hunters (archery or rifle). I had the elk hunt last year and both the biologist (Jim) and DFG warden (Jason) were very helpful.
Thank you

How did the elk hunt go? Any pictures?
Always wondered about these hunts.

From past experience, the J10 hunt is a free-for-all. Some years are better than others as it is all up to area availability. Sometimes the kids will get access to the “sanctuary areas” that are rarely, if ever, open to general hunts. Scouting won’t do much good as the majority of the bucks are ghosts until the beginning of October as they are dodging the pressure of World War A Zone. It’s a fun hunt for the kids though as they can use rifles and you can pretty much just drive around most areas until to happen across a buck your kid would like to take. Walking it out is always an option but the base is so large and you can only hunt the weekends and holidays so to maximize time, you’re best bet is to drive. The season runs concurrent with the A-33 tag so you’ll have potentially 50 archery hunters competing for deer. My wife has the tag so we will be there. Best of luck and good hunting!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom